General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

coupe vs. sedan

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 05:36 AM
Snail'n Admin
Default RE: coupe vs. sedan

Ive got a 97 4 dr. Im startin a boost project next week. You dont see tuned 4 drs. Its something that not many people do and is unique. Thats why i started with a 4dr

Old 03-07-2008, 07:12 PM
HCF Member

Sedans FTW!

Old 03-07-2008, 08:50 PM
HCF Member

I HAVE A 93 FOUR DOOR AND A 95 HATCH. IDK IF ITS TRUE BUT MY DOOR TAG SAID MY 4DR WEIGHED LIKE ...
I can't read more then a couple sentences of that, for some reason all CAPS IS LIKE SOMEONE YELLING AT ME. I COVER MY EARS AND HIDE.

I drove my 4 door 95 LX for 12 years, I loved that car... She was a lady to me to the end. Now I have a EX coupe. I personally like the way my coupe looks, but I don't have anything against 4 door models. Especially if you have a family.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:22 AM

I prefer coupes but in some cases sedans look pretty good... im getting a 2000 acura tl and i cant wait to start to do stuff to it

[IMG]local://upfiles/22944/4029DA4F559A4920B13B0BB37AE0BB48.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-08-2008, 10:45 AM
HCF Member

Either one is great, i chose the 4dr model because it has utility at a minimal penalty. The weight issue doesn't matter too much.
The coupe and sedan aren't that drastically different, but some people just think 4dr's are gay or whatever. It's their opinion and that is fine. Like someone mentioned before all of the STi's and Evo's are all 4dr and they rip the street up nice.

I'm working on making my 4dr a whole lot better and if someone laughs, than so be it. My car makes me happy and that's all that matters.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:57 PM
HCF Member

Sounds to me like if you plan on using this as a car to carry your family in or alot of friends go with the 4 door, and if not choose the coupe. Owning a 94' sedan, at first was a good thing, but now I'm getting skeptical about upgrading things because I really like how a coupe looks, with more of a racing look. It would just be because I'm 16 and wants something that is fast, or looks it. Gladly trade my sedan for a coupe though lol

Old 03-09-2008, 11:14 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: sboarder97km

Sounds to me like if you plan on using this as a car to carry your family in or alot of friends go with the 4 door, and if not choose the coupe. Owning a 94' sedan, at first was a good thing, but now I'm getting skeptical about upgrading things because I really like how a coupe looks, with more of a racing look. It would just be because I'm 16 and wants something that is fast, or looks it. Gladly trade my sedan for a coupe though lol
Believe me buddy, at your age and with a little need for speed we all have at first (or still have) i would rather have the sedan for stealth. If you drove past a police officerin a souped up sedan or a coupe, they would go after the coupe in a heartbeat.
Even with a sedan i still get bothered for my exhaust but i can't imagine what it would be like in a coupe.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:55 PM
HCF Member

Yes stealth definatly is a plus, and would like that factor about my sedan if I lived in a bigger city, but I live in upstate new york with not much police activity, so getting pulled over isnt one of my concerns. Plus everyone in the town knows all the speed traps and where cops always are in the summer so its fairly easy to get around. I think Im gonna put my sedan up for trade because finding aftermarket parts for it is alot more difficult, and as i said before I'm not a huge fan of the looks

Old 03-09-2008, 03:09 PM

when i see hondas, i think that 2 door coupes would be tuned...but if you think about it, it doesnt really matter because in other tuning worlds sedans are tuned/spiffed up. like, there are a lot of 4 door volkswagens that are boosted and/or look really nice.

so i dont think it really matters. and its been said previously that there isnt much of a weight difference.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:15 AM
HCF Member

It's all a matter of preference. Some people also just like to talk smack.

When I bought my first new vehicle, I went with a Jeep Wrangler. A lot of people talked crap about how they ride bad and aren't practical. Guess who was complaining about shoveling snow, finding a winter parking spot, hauling a dirty mtn bike, or pulling a jetski up a slick ramp. It sure wasn't me.

You have to learn how to consider the biased opinions of the unwashed masses, and make your own informed decisions in life. I prefer a sedan for my car. I use the back seat a lot. I like having a secure trunk. I use a roof rack. Sedans can be cheaper on insurance.

Quick Reply: coupe vs. sedan