General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

CUTE CAR FOR CUTE GIRL

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 05:10 PM
Default CUTE CAR FOR CUTE GIRL

GUYS!!!!! Guess what I found an 89' Civic SI Hatch back with a sunroof and A/C with a B18A engine, YSI tranny, Integra computer, ENJO mount kit, FLOW MASTER exhaust (2 1/4). With emission testing and certification. $3,500.00 WHAT DO YOU THINK?????? Its red if that matters.

Also does anyone know the compression reation for future turbo applications.

Old 03-28-2005, 06:27 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: CUTE CAR FOR CUTE GIRL

hmmmmmmn all depends on the condition of the car. si crx/civic's are getting harder and harder to find in decent condition. also its dependant on where you live. out in cali that would be the going price for a decent looking hatch with the stated mods. out here on the east coast i pick up non running hatch's with decent to great body's for less than $500. b18's are easy to come by and the swap can be had for roughly $1000 in all the parts you need here on the east coast.

Old 03-28-2005, 06:47 PM
HCF Member

have you test drive it yet??? if so how does the exhaust sound??

Old 03-28-2005, 07:27 PM

OMG you'd get so turned on if you heard this exhaust this car has had good work done to it for sure. I did a burnout and it handled it very nicley...nothing better than the smell or warm rubber. The body is okay I can see a few lil' rust spoots but it's red so I'd get some body work done and repaint it to a red metallic slap on some rims...I don't care about the interior 'cause I want it done my way I want raching seats I already havea carbonfibre shift stik and I want to slap on some rims I'll be happy after that but it's going to take time. I'm excited about ti all I just wonder how good a deal it really is. I looked up on auto trader and cars like this seem to be going for about that rate this is a bitless than trader lemme know

Old 03-28-2005, 07:30 PM
HCF Member

Hmm... I gues it sounds like a good deal, not my cup of tea for a daily driver, but if I was going to buy it, it would strictly be a racing car.

Old 03-28-2005, 07:32 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: finalimpact

b18's are easy to come by and the swap can be had for roughly $1000 in all the parts you need here on the east coast.
dude, im fricken moving down to live with my grandpa...lol (he lives on litchfield beach, bout half an hour south of myrtle in SC)

Old 03-28-2005, 07:35 PM
HCF Member

but damn girl, i wouldnt even hesitate asking ppl on the forum, at that price you cant go wrong, if osmethings screwed up you can sell the engine and tranny alone for that much money

Old 03-28-2005, 07:45 PM

Hmmm. I love how clueless people on the east coast are. Simple formula: WEST COAST = CLOSER TO JAPAN. That means anything imported costs significantly less to ship, and thus significantly less in the long run.

And as for the real topic of the thread, if it's a quality build on a well-maintained car, $3,500 is pretty much average when you consider what the bluebook is for a fair quality 4G Civic.

Old 03-28-2005, 07:51 PM

damn boi that's so thug I dunno' If I could make it back I have to really consider this. And I would not be using this car as a racing car but as a summer car.

Old 03-28-2005, 09:46 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Kappa22

Hmmm. I love how clueless people on the east coast are. Simple formula: WEST COAST = CLOSER TO JAPAN. That means anything imported costs significantly less to ship, and thus significantly less in the long run.

And as for the real topic of the thread, if it's a quality build on a well-maintained car, $3,500 is pretty much average when you consider what the bluebook is for a fair quality 4G Civic.
eh clueless? when i was living in tracy ca i paid almost 1400 for my first b16 swap.....now the shop i work for here in nc, we have a direct connection with import yards and pay roughly 950 for a b16 swap..... its mainly all in who you know. not all of us on the east coast grew up here.... in fact i was raised closer to japan than you were......unless your hawaiian born n raised like me or live in japan

Quick Reply: CUTE CAR FOR CUTE GIRL