General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

damn cops

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 10:46 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: damn cops

Minor infractions like tinting and no-seatbelts tend to happen alot around quota time. The safest bet is to not give them an excuse but sometimes stuff happens and you get the short stick. I don't bother the cops and thank goodness they don't bother me. $600 in tickets is all bad.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:05 PM
HCF Member

^^there is no such thing as a quota cops have to meet, sure if it looks like they are slacking off in thecitation areathey get hammered for it. But there is no magic number that they must reach.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:21 PM
HCF Member

Cops are there to do their jobs.

You should ALWAYS wear a seatbelt, no matter how dumb or uncomfortable it may be to you. It can be your head through the windshield the next time you run into an accident.

Accidents happen, if its your fault or not.

Cops busted the guy who broke into my car.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:18 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: desert2007

everyone hates cops when doing their job is pulling you over, but they are your best friend when they catch the guy that robs your house? correct? They are doing their job either way, ive been pulled over just because my car looks like a little street racer, the cop even said that, cuz i know him personally. And just because one cop says "we wont mess with you cuz of this or that", it depends on the cop, they interpert the laws as they choose, if they dont want to bust you for tint, doesnt mean another one wont.

But if you dont like law enforcment here then move elsewhere, because i guarentee when you need them they will be there just like when you dont want them there (IE when your out racing around or driving without a seatbelt). I may have bad feelings towards cops when they stop me for stupid stuff but i dont hate them, becuase its their job.

And to end my preaching/rant, wear a friggin seatbelt.

Eric.
THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT COPS DONT RESPOND TO **** BUT TICKETS! I WAS YOUNG KID AND MY DAD WAS BEATING MY MOM AND COPS DIDNT SHOW UP FOR 4 HOURS LATER! AND THEY HEARD MY MOM SCREAMING!

Old 10-10-2007, 06:10 AM
HCF Member

Some cops are good and some are bad, just like everyone else. You can't hate them all just because you met one that you don't like, they aren't all like that. I have had a cop let me out of a speeding ticket because he realized that it was an accident and I jsut wasnt watching my spedo, and I had a cop respond to when my car was broken into and they didn't really make any attepmt to even fingerprint my car. So there are good and bad cops.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:19 AM
HCF Member

Well I will tell you about 25% of cops out there should not have the badge that they carry, but they do that life. Its lust like saying all americans are ignorant criminals and your basing that becasue there are so many in prison. There are still tons of good cops.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:35 AM
HCF Member

not wearing your seatbelt is stoopid in the first place.....and dont say it's uncomfortable or any of that bullsh*t.....

Old 10-10-2007, 01:53 PM

same thing happen to me when some guy beat on my mom...they took like close to an hour to get there because i called...i was a minor at that time...but when i fought some guy infront of my house and his mom called the cops they showed up in like 10 mins...with 8 squad cars for one kidd... really an exaggeration being that i was only 12... i mean come on

Old 10-10-2007, 01:54 PM

and by no means am i sayin cops are all bad but some do think they are over the law and can do as they want...and that **** isn't fare

Old 10-10-2007, 05:53 PM
HCF Member

btw about the people thinking that tint laws are stupid. They are there because when a cop is comming up to a car he pulled over he needs to be able to see into that car. Imagine for a second that you are a cop walking up to a car you cannont see into, not knowing if they are reaching for a gun or something. It is just there so they can be a little safer. I think the front windshield part of the tint laws is because it makes it harder for you to see out of your car plus at night oncomming cars get their headlights glared back at them by the tint. (tint reflects light)

Quick Reply: damn cops