General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default dealerships

okay, this is probably a stupid question, but having owned two vehicles (my civic and my cbr), and having bought both of them privately, I'm not sure with the whole dealership thing. Anyway, as some people have read in my other thread, I'm looking for a 5-speed EK coupe.. the problem is, if I just wait and keep looking for one, it could (without exaggeration) quite literally be years before I find one (living in an area with very few sport compacts and quite a few lifted trucks blows sometimes). So here's the question:

can dealerships locate/get specific vehicles for you? Like, could I go to a Honda dealership and ask for them to find "x" car with "y" options, etc. and they'd be able to bring it in to the dealership? Because if not, the nearest dealership that actually has a 5-speed EK on hand is about 75 miles away, and I'd rather not drive that far just to buy a car.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:47 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: dealerships

most dealers will do that , but chances are there going to charge you for it .
figure out how much you want to spend , walk into the dealership & ask a sales rep if he can get it for you at the same pricethat theother dealer has it for, if not,walk out , chances are the sales guy will call you back in a few hours , if not ,it might cheaper to drive 75 miles to save some money

Old 11-15-2007, 02:54 PM

they could do that but will charge for delivery and whatnot. not only that, but the one they find may not in the best of shape when they get their hands on it. once they do get their hands on it, they'll "fix" w/e they can the cheapest way possible and sell it. i've seen some beat up cars come in and leave looking brand new and selling for waaaaay more, i mean thousands more,than it should be sold for..

Old 11-15-2007, 02:56 PM
Super Cereal Admin

thanks, man... I thought dealerships could do that, but I figured I'd check to make sure. I figured they'd charge something, but if they can get it for about the same price, it's almost worth the convenience. I'd really rather not drive 72 miles to a dealership if I can get pretty much the same thing 20 minutes away.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:25 PM
HCF Member

if you go to the dmv you can get them to give you a list of who has the car you are looking for