General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Dent issue (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Default RE: Dent issue (pics)

ORIGINAL: tha_next_Kobe

you are parked tight on that white line brotha...are your spaces really tight at school? that sucks thought, i feel you...that's why i always try and park in a corner spot...the 1 time I was in a rush, i got back and huge dent in my passenger side door...still haven't had the time to fix it yet...they are the worst, it's like people don't care about your property...i was just thinkin, if you have some hit and run insurance on your ride i'd get that checked out through triple A or whatever...
i took it to the campus security and i asked if there were cameras. unfortunately we dont have cameras in the parking lots so i couldnt get them to write me anything. but yeah, the parking lots are usually PACKED. i definitely learned my lesson n ive been parking in the corners. those pics were recently taken when i was at the pool. the incident actually happened a few months ago.

ORIGINAL: BlackDX

I'd say take it to local shops and see what they come up with on price wise. If you're worried on price simply ask the shop what they'd do to fix it, most places will tell you what they'd do and if the price seems to good it might be...... The only lucky thing is the paint didn't get damaged so it's "safe" to let go for a while till you have the money saved up to take care of it..... I know your pain ma friend
i took it to a local shop n they said they just bondo n spray paint it. i dont really like that idea.

ORIGINAL:06coupe

what kind of insurance you got? You can claim it as vandalism and get it repaired for whatever your deductible is. I have a dent right above drivers side rear tire right on the curved area on an 06. on my policy vandalism is under comprehensive. so it doesn't raise my rates if i claim it.
i told my parents to call the insurance company but they havent given me word on it. i think im just going to remind em again to ask about it. thanks! i forgot about that

ORIGINAL:absoulute

that sux. probably the reason why its so much to fix is cause its right on the body line if it wasn't you could probably do a paintless dent removal which would cost about a 100 bucks
i have a feeling the person who hit me knew it was going to be pricey so he did what he did[:@]

Old 06-21-2007, 06:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Masonn

Ugh, I hate when this **** happens. I was at my school awhile back, and I was parked nicely ina cornerspot, and some grade 11 douche dinged my car. Good thing she didn't move her Alero. (just a warning,I have horrible road rage) oh god, the ding wasn't that bad, but she removed paint... and just the sheer nerve thatshe did that... not even a note... plus, she hit agrade 12's car haha.So, I opened my door HARD onto her car, and took my key to it. I know it sounds harsh, but it makes me soo angry when people do this. I have owned my car for about 2 months, and I've had at least half a dozen little mishaps like this so far. If I were you, I'd talk to the security and ask if there were anycameras in the parking lot. Because if there are, then they are liable and you have the proof so they have to fix your car.
haha u sound just like me. after it happened i just wanted to go to a car n kick it or something. but NO I DIDNT CUZ I GOT A LIL BIT OF NICE IN ME . o yeah when i was in high school we had assigned spots n there was this kid who drove a truck that parked next to me. one day i saw a door ding n there was a lil bit of green paint by it. btw his truck is green. few days later we arrived to school at the same time n i told him to watch it when he opens his door. he asked why. i said u door dinged my car n this kid was denying it. i told him to take a look at it n showed him HIS green paint. he apologized n that was the end of the story. sdjbfhskdjbfgilefgkjb but whatever. ive given door dings on accident myself [sm=rolleyes.gif]. it's ok. we've all done it before

Old 06-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Recognized HCF Member

loving the flip flops lol. but on a serious not. thats rediculous 900 to get that fixed[:@][:'(]