General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Dont know which way to go? what would you do

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Default Dont know which way to go? what would you do

a while back i was asking about some ideas for a i/h/e and reflash for my 07 si. but now i am at a point were i can put a turbo in. so my question is put a turbo in 1st? (get to most expensive thing out the way) or just keep it smiple and start off small and do i/h/e, reflash and a few other tweeks 1st?

Old 02-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Default RE: Dont know which way to go? what would you do

well if you do i/h/e and then go turbo, you won't be able to use your old header or your old intake. It will be a waste of money to do it in that order. The turbo uses a special turbo exhaust manifold, and charge piping for the intake.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:19 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Boosting a brand new car with a warranty is not the best idea. If you've got the money to pay for things when they break, then more power to ya. (yes, I said "WHEN" they break, because it isgoing to happen).

Old 02-06-2008, 08:43 AM

ya i thought of that. no i dont have the cash to fix is if and when it breaks. but i did not think it would break anytime soon. i dont dog my car out at all. so now you got me thinking. if i do a i/h/e 1st i will be wasting my money b/c i will have to replace em if i put a turbo on. but if i turbo it 1st you make it sound like it will break soon. which i under stand that anything can happen and it does depend on how i treat my car.

i would not think the it would break so ez. imean they sold the ion redline and the cobolt ss/sc with warrenties and all the other type of car the come turbo and s/c. so they must think that those car would last a good bit. and i do trust honda alil more than gm.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:55 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: BourgeoisX

ya i thought of that. no i dont have the cash to fix is if and when it breaks. but i did not think it would break anytime soon. i dont dog my car out at all. so now you got me thinking. if i do a i/h/e 1st i will be wasting my money b/c i will have to replace em if i put a turbo on. but if i turbo it 1st you make it sound like it will break soon. which i under stand that anything can happen and it does depend on how i treat my car.

i would not think the it would break so ez. imean they sold the ion redline and the cobolt ss/sc with warrenties and all the other type of car the come turbo and s/c. so they must think that those car would last a good bit. and i do trust honda alil more than gm.
What you're not understanding though, is that those cars are built turboed, and designed to run boost reliably. Civic motors werenever intended torun boost, hence the heavy neccesity for a good tune. With proper tuning they "can" be fairly reliable, but I wouldn't count on it. I'm not saying that if you boost it, you're definitely going to throw a rod, but its very possible.

My original message was just saying that tossing a turbo on a brand new car, is going to void all warranties. That may not seem like a big deal now, but when little things start going wrong and you end up having to pay for them, you'll be kicking yourself in the ***.

My suggestoin. Go out and pick upa early/mid 90's hatchback, boost the crap out of it, and have fun knowing that even if it does explode, it's not your DD and you can still get to work the next day