General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Don't you hate it when..

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Default Don't you hate it when..

you're driving normally in your civic,pull up to a red light,and another civic or integra pulls up next to you,and try to race with you???excuse me for this,but...what the ****!!haha,i dont get that,they assume you wanna race cause its a civic!....I just noticed that,i got my licence like 3 days ago,and been driving my civic around.....its annoying,cause it makes me wanna step on it too...and i dont want to,but i sometimes still do.this is gonna be lame,but,what r some good tips,on just not thinking of trying to race with some1,i know its stupid,but,any tips would be appreciated.

one more thing,do any of you ever feel guilty/sorry/bad when u step on the gas quick on your civic?...lol,or is it just me cause its my 1st car?.....i got a 93 civic ex(1.6 sohc vtec) coupe.automatic.i know i shouldnt be doing this as well cause its an auto.well thanks in advance

Old 12-01-2007, 10:21 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Don't you hate it when..

lol...i hate it!..i have 72 hp and i have WRX sti's trying to race me....

comes with the car i guess

Old 12-01-2007, 10:29 PM

its annoying huh?lol,it makes u wanna step on it too...kinda like peer pressure hahahaha....i jus turned 18 a lil over a week ago,so u guys can picture it...lol....i persoanlly dont think my ride looks tricked out or anything,its al stock,only "mods" i've done is putting the short ram intake on it about 4 days ago....lol...i'll take a picture tomorrow,and post it on here

Old 12-02-2007, 12:43 AM
HCF Member

hahaha, you should feel no guilt my friend

i myself, have yet to find another person next to me revving their engine wanting to race, i've had my civic for 5 months now and driven it 8,000km. you think there'd be at least one eh? the only guilt i feel is wasting gas

Old 12-02-2007, 12:58 AM
HCF Member

When I got my 1st car and besides I still own that car (94 accord Ex) At age 19. They will come up to me also on red lights and stop signs and they would start gassing it hard to get my attention. That would get on my nerves and irritate me and I'm like telling my selflets go and smoke that fool. I raced about 13 times or so and the only car that dusted me was a V6 acura I forgot the model.

I'm now 25 yrs old and I got my 00 Si almost 3 yrs ago. I stop racing but still when I go to red lights another acura or civic comes next to me. They start gassing it SO I also do the same thing so they think I'm up to challenge. When light hits green they take off all quick and me just normal. I just like too see there stupid faces. I only raced my Si once. The very 1st week I got it. Yeah I won....and for the accord it's still around that's my girl friends car now but hey I still drive it when I want too.

Old 12-02-2007, 01:46 AM
HCF Member

Dont race them. Dont even let them get to you. Just step hard for the first second or two and then let off and go at a normal speed. If you get lucky they will fly off and a cop will see them and then you can smile and wave as they get pulled over.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:56 AM
HCF Member

the best thing to do is, just look away in the other direction and total ignore these retards.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:45 AM
HCF Member

I only feel guilty for wasting gas. I dont ever get people trying to race me. People here dont want to. I'm usually the instigator... lol and when I do instigate, its when I pull up next to a buddy and we race for fun. It's not really a race, but a "who can get tothe speed limitfaster" lol

Old 12-02-2007, 10:31 AM
HCF Member

i get this with big old big trucks all the time. Just causetheir 7 feet above me andtheir exhaust can bow a tree over, doesnt mean they are fast, and boy do I ever prove that point. Nothing better then the look on the rednecks face when my little civic leaves them at the stop light. But in all honesty I slow down after I have got to the speed limit and they always pull the loser flyby..

Old 12-02-2007, 01:02 PM
HCF Member

I dont know what kinda sane towns you live in i was on the 101 north the other day going to surprise my mom in west lake with some food and have lunch with herand then i was on freeway minding my own buisness bumpin the system then! this big red pick uip truck liftedl ike 2 ft! (sarcasim) the tires then self where bigger then my car!@!! guy starts instigateing and then i sped off and then HE GOT MAD! THEN TRIED TO RUN ME OFF ROAD! i was doing 110+ mphon the freeway! and homeboy was still on my ***! big *** red neck lookin dude flying southern flag and a shotgun in his back window

Quick Reply: Don't you hate it when..