General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Door Slamming

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 07:13 PM
HCF Member
Default Door Slamming

Is it possible to damage the door or window or whatever by slamming a door hard? I have some friends that always do this and it really makes me wonder if that is doing anything bad to the door. Maybe I'm just paranoid.......any insight on this?

Old 08-29-2007, 08:37 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Door Slamming

Well, its always better to not slam them. However, I htink that the larger issue would be if its your car, tell them to stop. If they don't, then they dont ride.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:38 PM
HCF Member

if you have electric windows and your windows are down it can causet teh window come come loose and then when you close your door you will hear like the windows going to break in the door, but yeah best case senario is to ask them not to slam your doors

Old 08-30-2007, 01:11 PM
HCF Member

Really, I don't think you have to much to worry about, but I would be pissed to the max if someone slammed my door shut.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:52 PM

yea it wont do anything except **** u off but i have a question. are u very **** or do little things bother you like idk maybe ur paranoid about something always wear on ur car. im only asking because i used to be OCD with EVERYTHING and it gets to u haha. it seems over the years i grew out of it. i used to not letting anyone else ride my skateboard or waxing the tail and nose so they dont wear as fast when popping haha. i was very ocd with everything even getting my close ready before school in like 6th grade lol. i thought i was the only 1 but now that i grew out of that stuff it seems like i meet a lot of ocd ppl and my advice is to just care about what needs to be cared about and dont over think or worry about something.

if this is not ur case, sorry lol.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:31 PM
HCF Member

Whenever someone gets in or out of my car, I always remind them, "don't slam the door." Seems to work.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:44 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Phalcon

Whenever someone gets in or out of my car, I always remind them, "don't slam the door." Seems to work.
Yeah, that works or you can starrt waving a gun around. That always seems to work for me. LMFAO

Old 08-30-2007, 03:46 PM
HCF Member

i only see it as a bad thing when the window is cracked and they slammed the door (more of a chance of the window being broken)..

Old 08-30-2007, 03:51 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well either way its not good... just tell them IF THEY KEEP SLAMING THE DOOR they wont have a ride!!!

i had the same type of friends with my old 66impala..... people kept slamming my doors and ya just gotta throw down the gauntlet. SLAM THE DOOR AGAIN AND YOUR WALKING!!!!!! just cause its a old car doesnt mean ya have to slam the doors!!!

worked MOSTLY.....

Old 08-30-2007, 03:58 PM
HCF Member

If your windows are partially down, it can cause the windows to become rattled out of their track. Make sure they are all the way up or all the way down. Then tell your friends not to slam your damn doors!

Quick Reply: Door Slamming