General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Door Slamming

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 04:01 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Door Slamming

na forget that... just tell them they slam the door again they walking!!!!!!!
trust me if they are your FRIENDS they would RESPECT your ride and wishes!!!!!!
otherwise they need to be walking and GET RESPECT for you giving them rides!

Old 08-30-2007, 04:40 PM
HCF Member

my girlfriend knows already not to slam the door.She even tells other people for me not to slam the doors, because she knows how i get.
My mom bought a 2007 crv a while back, and she slammed the door, i was like WTF take care of your car, and now she remembers lol

Old 09-14-2007, 10:01 PM

[align=left]So I've only had two problems EVER with my 1996 civic ex. . .

1st, my mom slammed the driver door when she wanted to take a trip to the grocery store and hadn't driven a stick in a while. . . the window left its tracks and fell into the door, took 2ish hours to get it factory looking again 9aligned perfectly including door panel

2nd, 3 days later . . . brother slams passenger door while it is down. window wont go all the way up now! took it apart and the window gear has teeth broken off! what!

Keeping in mind this car is a oem with 236XXX miles. still drives new. simply amazing what breaks. That going before any number of domestic cars' problems is amazing.

BTW that gear costs ~$90 with the motor an extra $100 or so and it can only be found at the dealer. (checked some local junk yards - they wanted the entire door for $280)

So door is perfect once again for 90, drivers side only needed realignment and all bolts needed tightened.

[/align]

Old 09-15-2007, 12:43 PM
HCF Member

Some people's definition of "slamming"is different than others. To me, if someone were to wind up and give it a real hard shove and slam it really hard, of course I would get pissed, but I don't mind if they shut the door with a solid thud. People that expect you to to close the door with just enough force to engage the latch **** me off. Before my '97 coupe, I had a 1980 Civic hatch, (still in the garage waiting for me to fix the head gasket) and a '91 Suzuki Sidekick, and both of these required a good solid shove to fully close the doors.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:54 PM
HCF Member

if you slam the door, the windows get loose. i have a 98 toyota sienna and after 9 years of continuous opening and closing the side sliding doors, the windows definitely rattle everytime i drive. i'm annoyed as **** when i'm driving [:@] lol

Old 09-15-2007, 02:57 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Firehawk989

Some people's definition of "slamming"is different than others. To me, if someone were to wind up and give it a real hard shove and slam it really hard, of course I would get pissed, but I don't mind if they shut the door with a solid thud. People that expect you to to close the door with just enough force to engage the latch **** me off. Before my '97 coupe, I had a 1980 Civic hatch, (still in the garage waiting for me to fix the head gasket) and a '91 Suzuki Sidekick, and both of these required a good solid shove to fully close the doors.
You have to fix the door supports, when the supports get old, the door moving a little lower, and you need to force it to close it.

Old 09-15-2007, 05:01 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya with ANY car id say you realy have to MAKE the door close right.... most the time its the door pins and bushings get worn which hold the doors saging alittle... and also the latches also get worn so need to be replaced well not the latch as often but the striker pin... either replace or adjust.

SIMPLE TEST... open the door all the way and pick up and down on the end of the door.... then move the door half way open and do the same... IF IT MOVES your pins are worn but if its tight and doesnt move then just adjust the striker pin. and keep the latches oiled... my 66impala doors shut smoothly... it used to ya had to man handle it closed but that was due to the door pins and bushings worn VERY BADLY.

just think about it thiers only 2 PINS and 4 bushings that hold the door onto the car... and car doors are preaty heavy!!!!
and need to be replaced at least every 5years or less depending how often or hard ya use your doors....

Old 09-15-2007, 09:12 PM
HCF Member

Yeah on my 89 camaro, the door supports were very bad, and i had to literally slam the door for it to close right. But on all my cars i never slam my door.......my car is my baby

Old 09-15-2007, 09:14 PM
HCF Member

My grandma slammed my door shut today. It pissed me off, but she is my grandma so I can't say anything about it. <_<

-Kelleykid

Old 09-15-2007, 10:25 PM
HCF Member

between my old roommates and myself, we'd tell anyone that slammed the doors of our cars "it's not a tank!"

Quick Reply: Door Slamming