General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

DX 2 EX Conversion~!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 08:08 AM

02 sensor extensions may come with the new header you are looking to purchase. If you go with a DC header, the extension will be included in the package.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:12 AM

Also, I've gone with the full Magnaflow Catback, along with the Hi-flow converter. It's a good, fair priced, quality setup. It's still going to cost you though.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:17 AM

Lastly, you may want to do some inquiring. I found the 2,1/4" exhaust, was slightly overkill for my SI, even though it was the size suggested by Magnaflow. Talk to some experienced members, and see if 2" exhaust setup is worth considering. It's all about hi-flow. Too large, and you will not have the optimum flow!

Old 09-03-2009, 10:14 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by addiction2bass
use both extensions... a short and a longer one and just post a listing on craigs WTB 96-00 civic cat converter....
Well the original sensors will be there, so the purchased ones i assume to reach the new cat converter, should i get the 16" or 30" 02 Sensor ext.? Oh, and what do you mean by post a listing on CL WTB 96-00 civic cat converter? like post i need a 96-00 civic cat converter?

j-star]Lastly, you may want to do some inquiring. I found the 2,1/4" exhaust, was slightly overkill for my SI, even though it was the size suggested by Magnaflow. Talk to some experienced members, and see if 2" exhaust setup is worth considering. It's all about hi-flow. Too large, and you will not have the optimum flow!
yeah, the exhaust is of my least consideration at the moment since im trying to pull the rest then go for the quality merchandise once i know its good and running, plus im interested inthe APEXI WS2 catback exhaust not sure

Old 09-03-2009, 02:03 PM
HCF Member

Well, i would suggest buying a cat that is CA state legal, which means it has to be stock. You could check a dealership, but don't buy anyone off ebay. CA is the only state that does not allow aftermarket cats. Sucks, cause I live in San Diego as well. Does it say that the magnaflow exhaust is legal in all 50 states? Cuz if you get pulled over and a cop sees you have that, you most likely will get ticketed for it.

I just put a WS2 exhaust on my 98 civic and it is awesome. Props for choosing to get that one.

Good luck with the conversion and enjoy it. ;]

Old 09-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well a DX cat has one upfront ontop, and another right below the header/cat, and on the EX cat both sensors go in the back where the EX cat is now located after the header.
you can use your stock sensors AS LONG as you can unscrew them from your cat.... after being in there so long they tend to stick very hard and can break them.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:19 PM
HCF Member

yeah headphones, im trying to get that WS2 catback rather the magna.

Originally Posted by addiction2bass
you can use your stock sensors AS LONG as you can unscrew them from your cat.... after being in there so long they tend to stick very hard and can break them.
Damn, what are the chances of it happening? should i use some tools WD-40? ugh

Old 09-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Banned

WD-40 and Buster are a must when removing an exhaust. It would have been impossible for me to take my DX header off without Buster. The bolts were way too rusted.
I actually had to use a dremel tool to literally cut off a couple bolts they were rusted on so bad.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:46 AM
HCF Member

Wow, thats nuts justin.! Well, i guess im going to buy the buster.
(is that the actual product name?)

Any other helpful tips while removing guys?

Old 09-04-2009, 04:22 AM
Recognized HCF Member

just some good penetrating oil. spray all the bolts the day before you do the work and spray em again before you start pulling em off. it helps alot.
but with the O2 sensors definatly get the O2 sensor socket tool. you can rent em from autozone. they work a whole hell alot better than a regular wrench! and a cheaper bar will help alot since it will be very tight!
and since youll probably ask a cheater bar is just a pipe on the end of your break bar or ratchet that will give you a foot or more leverage to really remove the o2 sensors.
i can be your floor jack handle or some scrap steel or fence tubi layig around depeds what ya got. ;

Quick Reply: DX 2 EX Conversion~!