General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Ebay Springs....

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 12:09 AM
HCF Member
Default Ebay Springs....

Ok first off, so everyone knows this, im looking at a temporary fix until i get the money to get new ones, essentially i dont want to spend too much and these are just the right price...

So the story goes like this, my clutch has been in DIRE need of replacing ha ha, so i finally did it. But as a was doing the clutch work, when i removed my axle from the drivers side i noticed something very unpleasant. The coilover is ready to break, it has a large crack in it already.. so i took note of that, and continued my work, then on the passenger side, first thing i did when i took my tire off i looked at the spring.. and it was already broken yay.... luckily i can still drive the car with no issues, it just so happened that both breaks wont be and are not catastrophic, but i need it fixed... its not cool SO!

Ok, so has anyone ever had these? do they work for at least a couple months?
these are the ones im looking at..
http://cgi.ebay.ca/1988-1992-1996-20...item58856b051a

just wondering if they will work as a decent "band-aid" for the problem im having. thanks for the info guys.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:13 AM

I would never trust something like that. You're better off just buying some brand name lowering springs, they go for $150-200 depending on what you get

Old 02-04-2010, 12:15 AM
HCF Member

Would that be for all four? see... thing is im also in Northern British Columbia Canada... do you know of any online retailers.. like i said dont have too much to spend on these things right now, thus why i looked at cheap parts that i normally would not.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:17 AM

Yea, all four.

Are your shocks themselves okay? And what brand are they?

Old 02-04-2010, 12:18 AM
HCF Member

Ha ha my shocks are all fine, as for the brand Honda rofl they are factory.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:20 AM

Hmm, you shouldn't really lower it on stock shocks. Your best options are either stock shocks or a really mild drop like the H&R OE Sport springs.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:22 AM
HCF Member

Ya well the ones on Ebay i was looking at were adjustable from zero to four inches thus why i wanted them.

later i would like to get a proper lowering kit though

Old 02-04-2010, 12:26 AM

Well those coilovers are going to be way too stiff for your stock shocks, they'll ride really harsh.

You can go ahead and put nice lowering springs on stock shocks, the shocks just won't last long. But if you're planning on replacing the shocks with aftermarket soon it won't matter... just be prepared for the stock shocks to blow in a few months or so.

What kind of drop were you planning on in the future? How low did you want to go?

Old 02-04-2010, 12:29 AM
HCF Member

Well, mainly due to where i live (a pot-hole infested place with loads of huge dips in the road and whatnot) i was only looking for a one or two inch drop really. And ya.. see im looking to "Band-Aid" the problem right now because im not employed right now and living off of the government (not a single goddam job here right now...) so i cant spend much, right now at least.