General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Emergency/Survival In-Car kits.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:36 PM
HCF Member
Default Emergency/Survival In-Car kits.

Just wondering, who carries some kind of emergency roadside kit or survival type kit in there civic, besides your spare tire and jack. If so list what you have.

I have a 120 piece first aid kit, pack of like 100 glow rings, winter jacket, several space blankets, snake bite kit, bright orange duct tape, emergency candels, poncho, nylon rope, matches in waterproof container and also a roadside trouble kit with a flashlight, wrenches, jumper cables and stuff like that. And I have it all in an army backpack.

Eventually I'm planning to add more like some MRE's and stuff.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:50 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Emergency/Survival In-Car kits.

Damn, do you have any room in your trunk for like groceries?

lol I just keep some jumpers, a small jar of meds, like advil and stomach pills, that sort of thing, a flashlight, a few flares and a fire extinguisher, small blanket, light jacket, and some duct tape. It's all under the carpeting. I used to carry bottled water, but I don't anymore.

Old 08-05-2007, 01:02 AM
HCF Member

That's cool yeah I need to get some flares too. And to answer your question no i don't have room for groceries because I have a huge compressor in my trunk for my train horn, lol.

Old 08-05-2007, 04:01 AM

I have no room for anything i have a bad full or tool just incase my car breaks down than i have my speaker and AMP and than i have my basketball my trunk is all filled up i usually put the groceries in the inside of the car

Old 08-05-2007, 10:32 AM

i used to carry every tool i would need to fix my jeep when/if i broke down. i also had a nice first aid kit, all kinds of junk. spare sets of clothes. etc.

i also carried a full oil change, atf, windshield washer fluid (2 gal), rachet tie downs, full size spare tire, cordless 1/2 impact.

but i don't carry anything at the moment in my new jeep, its just a unzipped window away from being stolen

Old 08-05-2007, 10:46 AM
HCF Member

I carry my tools, an air compressor (for the tires), jumper cables, and some radiator coolant.

Old 08-05-2007, 11:19 AM
HCF Member

Jeez, make me feel bad... All I have in the back of my car is a jack and a spare tire... lol

I don't see the need for that stuff in the back of my car. All I use my car for is for driving through the city, and I dont think I'll get stranded anywhere around my small city.

Old 08-05-2007, 12:08 PM
HCF Member

Currently, I've got an el Cheapo Team Mechanix tool kit from AutoZone (although I've been using the crap out of it to work on the car), most of the parts I've been working on since I've had the car, a bunch of cleaning products, a Chiltons, a bunch of printed out repair guide chapters, and several bags of Shop Rags. One of these days, I'll get off me **** and put together a cool roadside bag and get my box with 2 10" subs and an amp. I don't use this car for groceries - I make her go to the store, since she's unemployed and loving it.

Roadside bag contents will be: jumpers, Chiltons, Team Mechanix tool kit, coolant bottle full of water, flares, space blanket, bag of Shop Rags, battery terminal cleaner, and a small First Aid kit... all tossed in an old gym bag - to hide the sub and deter would-be thieves.

The 4 D-cell Mag Light rides up front with me... just in case I need to beat the **** out of someone trying to steal my little beauty while I'm in it.

Old 08-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Recognized HCF Member

heres my emergency kit..... my pistol! and cell phone.....
its the year 2007........ if your traveling on a road that REALY NEEDS stuff like MREs..... then where the F*** are you going. LMFAO

id like to have a spare tire BUT my donute is bad.... realy odd... it looks like its never touched the ground BUT has a pin hole in the sidewall so its trash so i dont carry it anymore...

Old 08-05-2007, 12:47 PM
HCF Member

I have a little 4 inch kit in my glove box with band-aids and other little stuff, I dont have a spare tire or jack in the trunk.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Emergency/Survival In-Car kits.