General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

which engine.....sorry I'm new here

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Default which engine.....sorry I'm new here

Looked at the sticky but the picture for finding out the engine code would not come up. I just bought a 95 Civic EX coupe. I'm pretty sure there was an engine swap done to this as it has a VTEC-E sitting in the bay, but not exactly sure. Could someone let me know where to look (pic would be great)?. This engine already has headers and exhaust. I'll figure out which and post it later. I'm new to Hondas so any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Also, if any of you live north of Dallas, I could use the help in modding her and offer my help to you in return.

Right now she looks like crap, but she does run good.

Thanks guys. My names Jeremy btw.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:52 PM
HCF Member

ok, well vtec-e would be from the honda civic hx. THe hx is a fuel economy car. So im guesing thats wat u have. Anways u only have one header, not headers. What kind of exhaust do you have? Welcome to the forum and good luck with the build. The engine code should be stamped on the block of the engine on the intake side.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:03 AM

Sorry, used to saying headers (was modding a mustang). Not sure what header it is, but the exhaust is Magnaflow. I'll find out in the morning what the header is and post it.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:12 AM
Recognized HCF Member

The engine number is on the block on the exhaust side, which is the side that faces the front of the car. It is at the very end of the engine where it meets the transmission housing; it is right next to the exhaust header for cylinder #4.

Like the other guy said, a VTEC-E would have come from a later model HX. The '95 EX would have come with a regular VTEC (which is tuned for performance, not economy like the VTEC-E).

Old 04-10-2009, 04:19 PM

Am I still going to be able to do some mods to it? Like I said it already has a header and exhaust. Been looking at TBs, CAIs adn intake manifolds. Want to know what else I can do to it. Thanks for the help with my earlier questions.