General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Engine swap or mod

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 02:33 PM
Default Engine swap or mod

I apologize, I might have asked this question under the new member area. I will have a 93/94 honda civic dx coupe with a D15B7, my goal is to keep it for daily use, but to have something under the hood for fun time. Should i modify the current engine or swap. if so, what should i put in, b16...b18???

Old 10-09-2005, 05:26 PM
Default RE: Engine swap or mod

(see my post to your earlier question)

But in the mean time... get an intake! That should hold you off until you can do a little more. Tons of air sucking fun for everyone.

Old 10-09-2005, 11:07 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Engine swap or mod

this has been debated to death, but IMO, if you just want a faster daily driver, get a b16a2 and change all of the little things on it. put on a new timing belt, waterpump, idler pulley, tensioner pulley, clutch, flywheel, axles, a new thermostat, all new hoses, and new accessory belts. that should take care of most of the problems you might have with a used engine (though the distributors are known to be a cause of concern, i didnt mention that because they are pretty expensive to justify a pre-emptive change) then youll drop that in and get an instant 60hp over the b7 youre running now, and its always upgradable down the road. but as i mapped out above, it should be a great runaround engine, but still be basically a stock honda motor, so the reliability should be fantastic, and the mileage isnt too bad either (mine was around 28mpg)