General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Expect to see another 5th gen around here soon.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 06:50 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default Expect to see another 5th gen around here soon.

So anyone who's kept up with my indecisiveness already knows I've been going back and forth between wanting to focus on the mustang and trying to juggle the mustang and an EG. Well, today I found a way to do both.

I was talking to my best friend Ryan today and he mentioned he wanted to buy a '94 civic. After we got to talking, we decided we're going to split the cost of an EG and build it. I'm not going into detail about how the finances are going to work with two owners (seeing as how it's none of your godd*mned business), but suffice to say we've figured out how things are going to work. Once he moves down to Lexington and gets financially situated, we're going to pick up a 5th gen and do a (for hcf's builds, anyway) fairly all-out build on it. We're shooting for making the purchase by the end of the year, but it depends on how things go financially.

Here's what you can expect to see by the time it's done (expect it to take at least a year to finish, as it's going to be a side project for both of us):

-Built N/A H22 swap, possibly running on the bottle (small shot)
-Shaved engine bay
-Wire tuck
-Possibly partially-stripped interior. No carpet, shaved and painted floor pan, tucked wires, fixed-back seats, harness bar, and 5-point harnesses.
-Clean as hell. Shaved badges, front plate holes, side moldings, lip kit, 15's, oem fogs and 50/50 tails
-Yes, Justin. It's going to be slammed. Like "lowest car on the forums" slammed.

You guys know how I am with planning crazy builds, and Ryan has the metal fabrication and painting skills I lack, while I have the Honda knowledge, build planning, and suspension knowledge skills he lacks. So with both of us working as a team on it, you can expect a d*mn interesting build. Believe me when I say a project thread will literally be up the day we buy it (I'm going to get Ryan to join up here to post updates when I'm too f*cking lazy to do it), and we're going to start the tear-down within two days of purchase.

As far as paint job, we haven't discussed ideas, but seeing as it's going to be a show car first and a street car second, I'm thinking maybe a metallic Horizon Gray with a rising sun hood, but it's just an idea. I'm going to run it by Ryan next time I talk to him.

But anyway I'll post updates as I get more information.

Last edited by reaper2022; 09-07-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by reaper2022
-Yes, Justin. It's going to be slammed. Like "lowest car on the forums" slammed.
Haha. You knew I would ask

Also, whats the deal on the whole sport bike situation. Oh and did you end up workin for that Honda dealer?

Old 09-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Haha, yeah. I figured you'd ask if I didn't come right out and say it.

I'm putting off the bike purchase until next summer/fall; I'm going to save up around $2k for a down payment and finance the rest, but I think I can wait another year for it. And no, I ended up staying at Subaru. The benefits package is better at the dealership I'm at and the wages were the same, but I'm looking at $16/hr flat rate in 3 months at Subaru.

Also, I'd still like to buy my own EG next summer instead of just co-owning one. That and cruising in two clean-a** slammed EGs would be awesome lol

Old 09-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Banned

I'm looking at $16/hr flat rate in 3 months at Subaru.
Damn. Get me a job there?

Old 09-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Flat rate's not as great as it sounds; there's a set amount of time it should take you to perform a job, and that's exactly what you get paid for. Say a job takes 1.0 hour and you do it in 30 minutes. You get paid for one hour. But if that job takes you three and a half hours, you still only get paid for one hour. So, there's potential for some serious income if you can do your job well and do it fast, but there's potential to get sh*tty paychecks depending on how much work you get. Also, you have to figure in that there's some extremely slow days you have to deal with, too. For example, we've had days where we're lucky if 4 cars come through the shop all day.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Well, looks like Ryan's bailing on the plan (somehow it doesn't surprise me), so it looks like I'm on my own as far as buying one and building it (Ryan will still put in wrench time, he just doesn't want to spend money). I'm thinking probably sometime next spring is when I'll be buying the car.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:17 PM

Don't you hate flakes?

Old 09-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Yup, pretty much. Two people paying to build a civic wouldn't be bad; the project would go by quick and we could do an amazing build. With just me funding it, while trying to fund another project (the mustang), trying to save up for a down-payment on a bike, paying bills, and saving for a pet fox, things are going to go by very slowly.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:43 PM
HCF Member

-bike
-two projects
-pet
-save money for bills

do the last, then do one project at a time

of course you don't have to, that's just what I'm doing

Old 09-12-2009, 04:47 PM
HCF Member

a pet fox? for real?
Yup a pet fox
damn that was a quick response you responded while i was typing

but really a pet fox? ive never heard of that

oh yea you are now totally inclined to make the color scheme the same as your ballin rex

wow my sig is going to be really annoying i should start posting a lot-well more than normally

Quick Reply: Expect to see another 5th gen around here soon.