General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

A few problems.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 03:58 PM
gwl
HCF Member

I would check the core support assembly where the hood latches on, it may be bent. With the alignment, it probably out of specification, Civics don't really have a beefy stock setup. Start looking for some camber kits, you may need some.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:57 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by ninesevenfour
Alright so my brother was driving my car with a couple of friends down this gravel road. The road has a ton of small bridges, sharp turns, and the road would split a lot, etc. Well my brothers going around 40 mph on a road with a speed limit between 5-15 mph (Depending on where you were). And wouldn't seem to slow down despite my demand to. Well we hit the embankment on a road that branched off. The embankment was about 3 1/2 feet of dirt and large rocks. Well we hit that going way too fast my car slammed into it caught a little bit of air and landed in a field. So far all I've noticed is cosmetic damage.

My bumper is completely trashed. Scratched, dented and flared out. Does anyone have a site where I can order a stock bumper that's pre-painted? Or just a stock bumper in general..
I'll take aftermarket bumpers as well.. (I'm new to this so I don't know where to really order all this..)

Now he also messed up my hood. The hood will latch but there is play in it now and it sits up higher than it used to. You can push it back down but it will not stay. Can anyone guide me on where to look, how to fix it, etc.

And if it helps I can take a few pics so you can examine what it may be..

Finally, on average how much does a new paint job cost? My car paint is all chipped up from the gravel.

I'm surprised nothing else broke.. But I am still looking so I hope I didn't just jinx myself..
Aftermarket? Try my sig.

If you aren't already doing so, make your brother pay for it

Old 10-06-2008, 09:19 PM
HCF Member

certifit.com has cheap parts, but make sure the car is fine before you start buying parts to make it look better

Old 10-06-2008, 10:37 PM
HCF Member

if the frame is bent you might as well give the car to your brother and have him get you a new one. but if it's just body parts then it shouldn't be too hard to get it looking good again. have you found out if it's just cosmetic damage? frame damage? and/ or any internal damage? i would get another civic. you can also have a friend or a body shop/ mechanic take a look at the damage, of course a trusted one or they will say everything is wrong with it and hoping you will pay and have it fix. hope it's nothing too big.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:16 PM
HCF Member

So far here is where I am at:
-Bent up hood (Sits up high like its about to fly open.)
-And the bumper is back on the car all the way, but torn up.
(I'm going to be driving with it like this until summer unfortunately because my family seems to think its not that big of a deal.)

It's going into the shop tomorrow because the CEL needs to be turned off (Was like that before the incident) So I am going to ask my Dad to ask them to take a look. (Friend of ours)

Besides the car going to the right a tad everything else seems to be fine. That can be fixed with an alignment, correct?

Also does my hood not fitting right anymore mean that its the hood or could the frame be a reason as well? (I don't really know how to find out..)