General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Finally bought 00 Civic ex

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 09:52 AM
HCF Member
Default Finally bought 00 Civic ex

Hey guys, I'm proud to say that after years of obsessing over civics and hondas, i finally bought the 2000 Civic Ex that i've been looking at for a few weeks. Its only got 81k miles and it a manual. I really like manual but this is my first manual car and i'm not very good yet Hopefully i get better with time, i hope, cause i burned the clutch pretty bad today trying to get going on an incline. Well anywho, just thought i'd let anyone who cares know that im a proud Honda owner now!

Old 08-26-2010, 11:37 AM
HCF Member

Nice! I'm jealous lol Practice practice practice is how you get better on a manual. i remember learning....poor car lol. But now I'm doing heel-toe shifts pretty decently.

Post up some pics!

Old 08-26-2010, 12:03 PM
HCF Member

Hey man I was the same way. My civic was my first stick and thought I would never learn, but after a few days of stall's and clutch burning you will finally get the hang of it man no worries.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:41 PM
HCF Member

Gratz on the civic!
yeah you'll soon get the hang of it.
on inclines, try pulling the E-break and keeping it on untill you feel it wanting to move up, and then slowly release the E-break.
that way your not scared of rolling back.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:57 PM
HCF Member

+1 ^.....

Old 08-26-2010, 06:40 PM
HCF Member

Ya Daone is right. Actually I never tried that because I said what the hell gotta learn the hard way, but inclines take time. Just go out to an empty road and practice over and over again, don't worry if you spin tire like crazy just as long as you don't drift back a mile.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:28 PM
HCF Member

congrats on the purchase. time for some pics and a project thread.

believe it or not i do not know how to drive a manual. reason why mines is still auto. I had the chance to drive my friends rsx type s and fell in love with driving a manual. in 15 minutes i stalled twice.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:08 PM
HCF Member

^ should of seen the way i drove my del sol when i first bought it...
it was my third time driving a manual.. (my dads old pick up truck was the only thing manual i ever moved, and he was scared to let me learn on it...lol)
I stalled about 15 times just getting home. it either stalled or i made the wheels chirp at every stop sign. i was like F*&%. lol
but now it feels akward driving my auto civic. when i turn my civic on i always catch myself trying to find the clutch thats not there...HAHA

But dont worry, everyone stalled at some point.
You should start a Project thread!

Old 08-27-2010, 08:51 AM
HCF Member

I'll put up some pictures of it today. And i'm not sure if its going to be big enough for a project thread is it? I don't plan on doing any major overhaul with it. Just rims, fogs, lip and grille for exterior. Basic bolt ons for the engine; intake, header, exhaust. And of course, im gonna lower it

Old 08-27-2010, 09:57 AM
HCF Member

Well that is sure enough for a project thread. We are all interested in the build, it's the best part about Civics, can't wait!

Quick Reply: Finally bought 00 Civic ex