General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

First 06 in Roch. (review)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Default RE: First 06 in Roch. (review)

Dealer just called and told me they've got an LX, EX, and EX with nav, so I'm going to test later. He didn't mention if they were coupes or sedans but I'm assuming they're all sedans

Old 09-19-2005, 06:46 PM
mxs
HCF Member

I saw them today, there were at least 3 on the lot and a few people milling around looking at them. 2 coupes and a sedan I think. At first glance they look better in person than in the pictures I've seen! I just did a quick drive-by, though.

Old 09-19-2005, 07:01 PM
HCF Member

Ooo they have two coupes now?.. Tim was suppose to call me when they got the black EX 5-speed coupe in(22nd I think he said)... it better not be there yet!

Old 09-19-2005, 07:31 PM
mxs
HCF Member

Yeah I think there was a black coupe. What color was the one you drove?

Old 09-19-2005, 07:39 PM
HCF Member

Dark Grey, almost gold looking. It was kind of ugly.[:'(]

Edit: I just took a ride over there, I was bored and my car needs more attention than I've been giving it lately, anyways... you were right... black ex coupe. I think I'm in love. Have I mentioned I can't wait til the Si comes out?

Is it december yet?

Is it now?

now?

Old 09-19-2005, 08:17 PM

Well the dealer here had all sedans, and only one manual, which was sold already so they wouldn't let me drive it It was the only one in a halfway decent color, too [&:]

Well so anyway I drove the automatic LX and honestly I was not impressed. First of all it looks, feels, and drives like a prius in my mind. My friend has a prius, so I know what I'm talking about here. I'm sure it's faster than a prius, and maybe even faster than my EK, but it definitely didn't FEEL like it in the seat of my pants. It didn't have much kick to it. It's very well insulated and provides a nice quiet comfortable ride, but IMO it ain't fun in the least bit. The HUD is alright I guess, nothing to write about. The auto tranny is a 5-spd and seems a lot smoother and quicker than on my EK, but I guess that's not surprising since it's 8 years more advanced. The new steering wheel is very thick and seems small in diameter, but maybe that's just because of the thickness. It feels nice in your hands. My other main gripe is that I felt the driver seat is way too far back in the car. I dunno just felt like I'm a lot farther from the bumper than in my EK, even if that may not necessarily be true. I don't like it at all.

I will agree that the steering is much tighter. Didn't really get a chance to try out the handling since there's a lot of traffic and not a lot of curvy roads near the dealer.

Well that's my 2 cents. I also drove an '06 Accord LX coupe, and I liked that ride a lot better. Felt much more natural to me, and the throttle response felt better. Definitely more fun to drive. Yeah yeah I know, different car but still, just mentioning it. 2-3 thou is not that much to pay to take the much more enjoyable accord over a comparably equipped civic.

amg did you try the auto too? I would be curious to know if there is really that much diff btw the auto and the manual, it sounds like you had a blast in the 5-spd (er, 5-spd manual that is)

Oh yeah off-topic but get this... they were pulling the only EX-Navi that they had because it was sold to a couple who bought an '05 EX TWO WEEKS AGO and gave it to their daughter because she just had to have it and they just had to have the '06. Christ, spoiled brats, makes me wanna hurl [&o]

Old 09-19-2005, 08:31 PM
HCF Member

I'll agree with you about the insulated feel. It sure does make a nice noise when you get it really cranked up though. And yeah... driving it felt almost akward too. When I got back in mine to leave I was definitely like "Ahhhhh, back to normal." But here's my reasoning for loving it so much: After a month driving it, it would be normal. Plus, who says the sound damping stuff has to stay in it?

As for the speed, maybe it didn't really feel like it because of the insulated feel but it's definitely faster than my 99 EX, by a good margin. And when I drove the Si right after it, I compared where on the road they both got to 60 mph flat out from a stop and the 06 wasn't too much farther down the road than the Si.

No, I only drove the manual one. It was definitely a blast.

Old 09-19-2005, 08:38 PM

the insulated feel by itself is not bad. It makes the car feel more upscale and refined. But combined with the way-back seating position, it made me feel very detached from things. Felt more like I was just riding, and not necessarily driving. Oh well hopefully soon they will have more than 3 of the things on the lot and I can try out a manny coupe