General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Fixing Aftermarket Power Windows

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Exclamation Fixing Aftermarket Power Windows

Ok so I took my car to a Auto shop today and the Body work guy told me that my Civic windows are not going to be cheap to get fixed. The 99 Dx comes stock with Hand crank windows as many probably know. Well my windows were converted to Power Windows and recently the Rubber inside the door panel has been covered in a type of glue that I can not remove form the rubber. So being in Fl it gets very hot and when i try to put up or down windows it drags the glue up and down the inside of my panel. Also my window on my Drivers side will not go up all the way it gets 3/4 of way there and starts I guess slipping so i have to push it by hand. Would it be best for me to go to a Salvage yard and return the aftermarket to the stock hand crank or take off my panels and try to put it back together?? I have had to hold back on performance on my engine because of this.

P.S. My Viper Alarm stopped working in the rain the other day so it will not set when i lock the doors but if I hit the panic button it will go off. Whats the deal there? A blown circuit in my fuse box?

Old 06-02-2009, 02:53 PM
HCF Member

you could get your old set up back or pull the power assembly from an ex or si. they had power... maybe even lx?