General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Halo projection and regular headlights

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 11:36 AM
HCF Member
Question Halo projection and regular headlights

is one better than the other?

are halos street legal or just for show?

can anyone give me some insight on em....im about to be replacing my stock ones for a better look and was wondering about halo projectors since most after market i've found are halo...

Thanks

Old 10-18-2008, 12:01 PM
HCF Member

you don't have to go halo if you don't want, just look at all the different styles:

http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkw...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ

Last edited by ej6buddy; 10-18-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:51 PM
HCF Member

yea i know theres other styles but i was wondering bout those...they look good but idk if they are street legal or if they give more visibility or whatever. just curious

Old 10-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Don't drive with only the halo part on. That really isn't street legal. Actually in most places even with a stock car you're supposed to turn the lights on fully when driving, not just the "parking" lights.

If you have the halos on along with the main beam, it is unlikely that any police will notice.

Old 10-18-2008, 04:56 PM
HCF Member

i've been driving with my set of halo projector headlights for about a 8 months now with now problem. i dont have the halos hooked up because i like the look of projector headlight not the halo and also because i want HID's but dont want to blind people with them in my halogen headlight. and it seems to do the job for me. If you are considering getting projector headlight, remember, the light output would not be as bright as the regular halogen had lights. it has a better cut off line so the if you use HID's they would not be blinding. that's just my experience, others may not agree with me

Old 10-18-2008, 08:19 PM

My experience with projectors has been that they don't light up the road as far, mainly because of the cut-off.
I recommend some black housing regular style headlights.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:34 AM
HCF Member

ok thanks yall. that helps out with my decision

Old 10-19-2008, 09:16 AM
Super Cereal Admin

personally, my projectors I had on my civic were a lot better than my stock halogen headlights. They shined just about as far, but they light output was a lot better. Also, the little rainbow color change at the edge of the beam was pretty bada** too IMO

Old 10-19-2008, 11:33 AM
HCF Member

so the projectors are basically parking lights? and then they have the regular beams as well? or...

Old 10-19-2008, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Flipz
so the projectors are basically parking lights? and then they have the regular beams as well? or...
no
per headlight, there is a turn signal/parking light, just like your stock lights, and then the high and low beams are split up into 2 separate lenses. Around some of those lenses will be halos, that you can wire into your parking light's wiring. Also, there may or may not be a city light. A city light is basically a little tiny light in the inside corner of the housing... i'm not really sure of the point of it, probably just for looks.

Quick Reply: Halo projection and regular headlights