General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Help on engine mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 06:55 PM
HCF Member
Default Help on engine mods

Have few mods on mah 94 dx but theres a few things i want to change. Dont really want to spend to much right now but if its necessary its not an issue.

-I have an Injen short ram cold air intake and thinking of changing it to the other kind of intake not sure what the exact name if for it (bare with me).
-Want to change my headers, any suggestions which headers are best?
-Looking to get a blow off valve and a turbo also looking for suggestions on which brand is best.

any suggestions?

Old 01-10-2008, 07:19 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Help on engine mods

hello grimey. First why do you want to change your sri? because injen is a good company and its a goot intake to have. Extensive research gets put into injens products. Do you have an aftermarket header?? if so why do you want to change it. You can go for megan racing if you are strapped for money. You could also go with dc sport header. But if you are looking at putting a turbo on your car don't waste your money on an intake because u can't use it with a turbo set up. The header will be replaced with a special turbo header. I get the feeling you know nothing about turbo set ups and you haven't researched it at all you need to do extensive research before you even think about getting a turbo set up. Its not just a turbo and a blow off valve. You need to figure out if you are going to get internal or external wastegate. what kind of hp goals you have. If you are looking for 250-300 off a d series. You need to rebuild your motor so it can handle that much power. weither you want to keep your ac system or not is also a huge thing. Use the search button read all the info you can to figure out what you need. Don't just jump into it. If you do you will regret it and most likely have a blown motor

Old 01-10-2008, 08:26 PM
HCF Member

dc header all the way

Old 01-10-2008, 11:38 PM

Try zigen Turbos bro

Old 01-11-2008, 12:26 AM
HCF Member

wait i missed one part. wtf is a short ram cold air intake?

Old 01-11-2008, 04:26 AM
HCF Member

i have stock headers. i was told injen is a great company on cold air intakes, someone told me that the intake where the filter falls behind the fender is actually better. so i wanted to know all of your inputs. thanks 95civic1.6lill def do some research on turbos.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:44 AM
Administrator

by the way you are typing, and speaking about cars, i can tell that you are not exactly technically sound when it comes to mods. what i suggest is: rock what you got, and do lots and lots of research, because you sure arent ready for a turbo setup.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:56 PM
HCF Member

95civic1.6lso far the bit of research ive done in order to rebuile my engine for a turbocharger change me pistons, camshaft, fuel pump and fuel filter. any thing else that i missed or do you have any suggestions?

Old 01-11-2008, 06:26 PM

Whoa, dude. Ive got a suggestion. Research, research, and more research! A turbo setup is not just some quick, slap on project. Major steps need to be taken to ensure a flawless setup.

There are several threads and post referring to turbo upgrades throughout this forum. Read them all!

I can already tell you one thing you've missed....tapping your oil pan. The turbo needs oil

Old 01-11-2008, 09:03 PM
HCF Member

thanks for the advice. im still doing research jus had a question a wanted answered. trust meI KNOWits not an easy project, just looking for some help and advice, most the guys on here know more then i do when it comes the engine so just wanted some advice.