General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Help me choose the right Civic plz =)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Default Help me choose the right Civic plz =)

Okay.. im probably gonna get flamed by some guys formy questions but i guess thats how it is :P still i hope for some good answers =)

Basically yeah i admit im a car newbie and yes ive watched to much fast and the furious and played to much need for speed... i recently got my license and have til now used my parents Volvo which is allright but dosent really feel like anything special. And now its time to get my own car.. for some reason ever since i was like 13-14(im 21 now) ive wanted a Civic i dont know why but theres just something about them.. i love driving around cuz it makes me feel free and in control and basically im trying to learn the ropes when it comes to cars and tuning

So my question is... which Civic would be the best for me? i intend to also use it as a hobby..meaning spending money on tuning it and work on the exterior/body parts to make it look good

the one ive been looking at is a 3 door LS

anyways some tips to which civic to buy and maybe some tips for tuning would be greatly appreciated =) thanks

Old 02-24-2010, 07:49 PM

You plan on using it as a daily driver? if so, you can go for either an EG (92-95) or EK(96-00) Those would be easiest to modify IMO...Do you want manual or electronic accessories like windows and locks? Basically what do you plan on doing tuning wise?

Old 02-24-2010, 08:49 PM

Was thinking of Electronic accesories yeah. And yeah im gonna be using it for driving on a daily basis to all kind of places on all kind of roads.

Tuning wise well as i said im absolutely amateurish when it comes to that.. i was thinking of basically tuning for more HP basically making it go faster... possibly for a bit of racing(on tracks) when ive gotten more experience.. if im not mistaken i need to install some other parts before tuning the HP to not make the engine **** up..or am i mistaken? basically going for light and fast...acceleration, speed etc.

thanks for quick answering man and thanks for not butchering me lol

Last edited by Vampy; 02-24-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:59 PM
HCF Member

whats your preference? coupe, hatch, sedan? 92-95 and 96-00 civic are an excellent platform to start modding, plenty of aftermarket support. i recommend a 99 or 00 civic si

Old 02-25-2010, 10:59 AM

Well my first thought was a Coupe... maybe kinda like this? http://www.dba.dk/honda-civic-15-lsi-coup/id-64863463/

but at the end it dosnt matter that much..i just want it to kind of have the looks of "youth" so people kinda know its a young man driving it whos in for adrenaline n speed and not some family guy you know what i mean? i think some of the hatchbacks look kinda "family car" but then agian you guys are the experts who knows what Civic can perform and be modded the best... so please all ideas and thoughts are welcome =)

Old 02-25-2010, 11:12 AM
HCF Member

How much do you have to spend?

You can have a car that looks as if a young man is driving, but make it tasteful. So let me know what kind of budget you are on and then it would be easier to determine what model style and motor the car could have.

Also, try and stay away from buying flashy cars. In most cases they have been raced and the motor is about to blow up and thats the reason they are selling it. So maybe try and buy a stock car and do the mods yourself. Also it's super hard to resell a car that looks like the one above.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:39 AM

My budget is on like 5.500-8000 dollars which is basically what u can get various Civic for over here(Denmark)

the one above for examply is just under 5.5k

Old 02-25-2010, 01:45 PM
HCF Member

dont get that car its horribly done IMO. where are you from?

Old 02-25-2010, 02:08 PM

Denmark ..as stated in the previous post :P =)

Well i think it looks cool...aint getting it though cuz i ave to wait a couple of weeks for the money... but what about it is horribly done?

Old 02-25-2010, 02:25 PM
HCF Member

I would pick 99-00 Si as well

or a 96-00 clover green Ex like mine

Quick Reply: Help me choose the right Civic plz =)