General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Help me choose the right Civic plz =)

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 02:40 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Vampy
Denmark ..as stated in the previous post :P =)

Well i think it looks cool...aint getting it though cuz i ave to wait a couple of weeks for the money... but what about it is horribly done?
It is horribly done because the lines don't match and because the color is just too out there. but with 5.500 to 8000 I would go with a 99-00 si but I don't know what model that is in Denmark.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:04 PM

You think the colour is a mess??? dman i always loved that colour on a car..i think its perfect...that colour or a darkish blue

Browsing around on a carsales forum atm looking at civics... how big should the engine be?

Old 02-25-2010, 04:06 PM

(I don't see any pictures?)

We're gonna have to research the trim levels from Denmark. In the US, the base model is the DX. The LX has a couple of power options. The EX has all power options and a sunroof. The Si has the best engine plus all the good options.

And guys, the whole car modding scene is relatively young in parts of Europe. I recall there being a guy from Belgium not too long ago who did an extremely respectable job of modding a Civic. Lots of hard work. To us, it was Fast and Furious rice. To everyone over there it was still cool. Give the guy a little slack.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:22 PM
HCF Member

People on this site hate body kits so dont every ask them what they think of a car with one or what kind to buy. you will end up with pics of cardboard or people just asking why u would ruin a perfectly good car. just go with a front lip. i like that color to but if u like to drive a little over the speed limit cops are gonna see u from a mile or kilometer away. try and make the car clean not flashy and noone will get on ur case

Old 02-25-2010, 04:24 PM

OR, you can build it however you want and we can change our minds. For example, this thread: https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48961

We hated this dude for ricing out that Civic but in the end we all liked it because he posted a million pics of the whole process. It put us back in touch with the fact that ricing out a Civic like that takes a lot more work than tossing a lip on and being done with it.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:46 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Vampy
Well my first thought was a Coupe... maybe kinda like this? http://www.dba.dk/honda-civic-15-lsi-coup/id-64863463/

but at the end it dosnt matter that much..i just want it to kind of have the looks of "youth" so people kinda know its a young man driving it whos in for adrenaline n speed and not some family guy you know what i mean? i think some of the hatchbacks look kinda "family car" but then agian you guys are the experts who knows what Civic can perform and be modded the best... so please all ideas and thoughts are welcome =)
Originally Posted by WellFedHobo
OR, you can build it however you want and we can change our minds. For example, this thread: https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48961

We hated this dude for ricing out that Civic but in the end we all liked it because he posted a million pics of the whole process. It put us back in touch with the fact that ricing out a Civic like that takes a lot more work than tossing a lip on and being done with it.
We all liked it in the end because he did it RIGHT. He didn't just duct tape a body kit on and not paint everything the same color.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:53 PM

Oh good god, I just saw the link the OP posted. That orange civic isn't bad until you see the rear end.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:56 PM

As you said yourself the fast and furious looking cars with all the flashy stuff is very "in" here in europe =) and i like it alot myself.

Theres alot of of the Civics on the page i look at that says like Lsi or Esi...is that the same as the Si your talking about?

Some guy said on soem forum that the Civics engine should be a minimum of 1,5..any comments to that?

If someone would like to help me out on msn or whatever you guys are using it would also be greatly appreciated

Old 02-25-2010, 05:11 PM

I know that somewhere over there are a lot of D14 engines. D15 is better. If there are any D16 or B16 engines, those are the ones you want.

If I've read these right, there are Dsi, Lsi, and Esi trim levels. I don't know if those are the same as DX, LX, and EX. There is also a VTi trim level that is about the same as the Si trim level from what I gather. There's also a VTi-R that's the best.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:05 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by WellFedHobo
Oh good god, I just saw the link the OP posted. That orange civic isn't bad until you see the rear end.
lol! i thought the same thing... im seriously not digging the rear bumper, at all!

Quick Reply: Help me choose the right Civic plz =)