General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Hit By Drunk driver

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Chubby Chaser

well, just a quick update, ive been in touch with his insurance, today i had a estimate on my jeep and yup its totaled, so the questions that im asking myself, of coarse im gonna buy it back, i have way to much into it,

buy a new car and keep the jeep for the woods
buy another jeep and swap all my stuff over and keep my old jeep for extra parts

im still in pain, i went to my family doctor yesterday and they gave me a better medicine, and gave me a week to come back if the pain presists then go from there.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:59 AM
HCF Member

Oh quit being a bish mitch. Drink your bish beer and be happy.
J/P man. Glad to hear your alright. That jeep took a hell of a beating. When you said he was at over 100 I figured the jeep woulda been worse than it was.
With all that money your getting you can come to OKC and pick up an EF for cheap. =P

Old 04-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Chubby Chaser

YEA!!! finally things are getting done, nobody wasnt able to get ahold of the guy who hit me, so... thanks to facebook i found his *** and tlaked to his mother and father and he contacted me and he finally got in contact with his insurance company and things are actually getting done.

here a letter from him he sent me..

The insurance company contacted me not too long ago and I gave my recorded statement. She said that everything is taken care of and that they will fix your car.

She also said that you and your girlfriend are claiming lower back injuries and that you went to a hospital because of it. I cannot control or prevent any actions that you might take because of it. All I can tell you is this: I am a full-time student and I make very little money. I did have a job not too long ago and I made a decent amount of money, but the store closed down and now I am receiving unemployment. The unemployment I get barely allows me to pay my bills. Due to the incident that occurred (which involved both of us), I cannot see any other option than to get two or three jobs, so that I can cover all of my expenses that will come of this, and also my bills. I haven't been able to look for jobs yet, due to being a full-time student. But my last exam is tomorrow and I will be looking for jobs soon after that, which will allow me too make enough money because I will be taking the Fall semester off. But I'm sure even with two or three jobs, I will still be making only a little for myself, the majority will most likely go to bills and to things I have to pay for this incident. Also, I really don't want to go to jail. That is pretty self-explanatory. I wasn't even able to afford to get my car out of the towing lot because it is not operable, and I don't have the money to fix it or tow it back to Gainesville. Tomorrow, my friend is going to take me there to Lake City so that I can get my belongings and sign the title over to the towing company. Not having a car will be a minor inconvenience, but I will do fine with a bicycle in Gainesville.

I cannot tell you how sorry I am for whatever I did that morning. I sincerely hope that you, your girlfriend, your children, and your family achieve whatever they want out of life, and I wish you all the best.

-Josh

Old 04-27-2010, 05:59 PM

Yeah, he has a nice sob story but you've lost a vehicle too AND you were injured too. It seems like his insurance will cover the vehicle and your medical expenses but he still tried to leave. That alone makes me mad for you.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:10 PM
Chubby Chaser

ive told this idiot, i have ZERO!!!! SORROW OR PITY FOR HIM, i really have no respect or self pity for a drunk driver, ever since i lost my mother by one. florida law is if you are to drunk to drive call a damn cab they have to by law give you a ride home for free!
i told the insurance company i will settle for 25k and if they have a problem i will contact my lawyer and sue their *** for 50k. i told them i will also after recieving the settlement sign a legal release form stating i will not pursue them in the future for any health problems that may appear. so tmw they are supposed to contact me and let me know when they are coming to get my jeep for inspection.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:55 AM
HCF Member

"i told the insurance company i will settle for 25k and if they have a problem i will contact my lawyer and sue their *** for 50k"

Good call. I was hoping you were going to shoot for something above 20k. My sister-in-law got hit by a drunk and I know the merry go round you are on. Screw that guy and his sob story. No one forced him to get behind the wheel that night. Finally, my hat's off to you for maintaining control during a rear end collision like that.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:30 AM
HCF Member

I didn't know florida had the free taxi ride law. That makes it even freaking worse!
If you get that $25k we might actually see a N/A build pretty quick. =)

Old 04-28-2010, 08:03 AM
Recognized HCF Member

I hope that you and your girlfriend get better.

Realize that if you've been using health insurance for these medical costs, the health insurance company has first dibs on any settlement that you may collect from the at-fault driver or his auto insurance. They have the right to recover all that they have paid out for crash related treatments. So negotiate accordingly.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:33 AM
Chubby Chaser

she is my wife as of this past monday we finally after 10 yrs got married

my health insurance doesnt know anything about this settlement or the wreck
got a phone call today from his insurance company today they are coming in 2 days to get my jeep.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Chubby Chaser

well, great news. hos insurance company is kissing my toes lol
they called 4 times today , i wasnt home but when i got home i returned their call
and they are coming tonight to pick my jeep up, and they paid for me a 2010 chevy hhr and brought it to me from enterprise. ill take pics when wife gets back form school. i have it until i get my vehicle back repaired or my totalled out vehicle and a check

Quick Reply: Hit By Drunk driver