General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

How Much Power?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 02:48 PM
Default How Much Power?

How much power can a d-series engine handle if I replaced the pistons and rods with forged ones and upgraded the valvetrain.. I'm getting an extreme build together. Lots of freebies are getting thrown at me but i dont want to divulge information for fear of criticism. I'm lookin to make my honda go fast hehe.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: How Much Power?

with boost? I'm not entirely sure what we're talking about here....

Old 01-22-2008, 03:13 PM

No, not with boost and its pretty clear what I'm talking about. How much power can a d-series engine handle meaning how much power would the engine be able to handle and put down if the internals are replaced with much better forged internals and valvetrain replaced with titanium set (i.e. retainers, springs, valves) Its simple. My neon can not handle more than 220 whp without the stock rods taking a crap. If i replace the stock rods with eagle rods, the engine can go up to 600 whp without a problem (its been done before and this is the example I'm using.I dont want to debate a neon's ability to obtain 600 whp) That being said, if i replace my internals with forged rods and pistons, and titanium valves, springs, and retainers, will my d-series engine be able to handle power outputs of 300+whp. Its simple. Yes or No. Dont worry how I'll achieve it just sit back and wait hehe I'll be doing a project log soon enough.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:20 PM

Sounds interesting,I look forward to your project log.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:08 PM
HCF Member

ya with fored rods and pistons it should be able to handel 400+

Old 01-22-2008, 05:44 PM
HCF Member

Are you talking about nitrous by "power it can handle"? Why not just say it.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:52 AM

dude my project consists building a d-series engine and mating it to a direct port nitrous setup spraying 300 shot into each individual runner. Then I eventually plan on buying ITBs or getting them made and slapping them on. I plan to build up my bottom end but I want to do a bit more research forthe head because I'd only replace the valves IF the titanium valves are significantly lighterthan the stock ones. I'm driving an automatic and Honestly I dont wanna hear how it cant be done. I'm not re-inventing the wheel just using it in a different way. I'm not looking to do too much valvetrain upgrading since I'm not leaving the stock rev limit. I appreciate everyone's support and ideas. Please refrain from posting comments like: automatics suck or switch to manuals or whatever cuz honestly i'll ignore it. Thanks again everybody!

Old 01-23-2008, 08:52 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: WhiteCivic98

I'm driving an automatic and Honestly I dont wanna hear how it cant be done. I'm not re-inventing the wheel just using it in a different way. I'm not looking to do too much valvetrain upgrading since I'm not leaving the stock rev limit. I appreciate everyone's support and ideas. Please refrain from posting comments like: automatics suck or switch to manuals or whatever cuz honestly i'll ignore it. Thanks again everybody!
What you want to do is not impossible. People have put ITBs andnitrous on Civics before.Downthe road though you may want to invest in a good transmission, because I can't see a stock AT holding up under that kind of load. Is your engine a Y7, Y8, or Z6?

Old 01-23-2008, 09:14 AM
Snail'n Admin

well if you dont want to hear our opinions then why are you hear in the first place?

Old 01-23-2008, 09:22 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: GReddy_Civic

well if you dont want to hear our opinions then why are you hear in the first place?
Good job +1..Somebody lock this thread then...

Quick Reply: How Much Power?