General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

How Much Power?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 09:40 AM
Administrator
Default RE: How Much Power?

please refrain from bolding unneccesarily. i think people have given you adiquite information, you asked for an opinion, they gave it, kthx

Old 01-24-2008, 07:43 AM

i think you guys are misunderstanding my position. There have been times either i have posted or have participated in threads where people will give two word posts criticizing what the author the thread thinks or plans on doing. I know beyond a doubt that jap trannies suck thats why I'd like not to have to read it over and over again. When I do my engine build its going to be a seperate engine that i'm going to drop in. Most likely by the time I'm done I'll prolly have done a swap already or have everything ready to do it and just drop it in. That's why. I just want good information. Regardless of what I think, you all know you are free to post whatever you want. I'd just prefer it to be constructive criticism and good information so as to further my knowledge on my honda.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:46 AM

ORIGINAL: Exhausted

ORIGINAL: WhiteCivic98

I'm driving an automatic and Honestly I dont wanna hear how it cant be done. I'm not re-inventing the wheel just using it in a different way. I'm not looking to do too much valvetrain upgrading since I'm not leaving the stock rev limit. I appreciate everyone's support and ideas. Please refrain from posting comments like: automatics suck or switch to manuals or whatever cuz honestly i'll ignore it. Thanks again everybody!
What you want to do is not impossible. People have put ITBs andnitrous on Civics before.Downthe road though you may want to invest in a good transmission, because I can't see a stock AT holding up under that kind of load. Is your engine a Y7, Y8, or Z6?
Its Y8.. I had to dump the Y8 cuz it blew (long story) and now I have a D15B. I'm not looking to build up the D15B, I want to by a block and a head and start from scratch.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:57 AM
HCF Member

i might add barnes and nobles is a great place.

i had no idea what engine i wanted or what i wanted to do to my d series motor until i read a copule books there.

im sure it'll help you as well

Old 01-25-2008, 07:28 AM

DUDE! hahaha! You serious? Well heck there'sa B&N down the street from where I work I guess I'll check it outand see if I find anything useful.