General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

hurst short shifter-no likey

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 03:41 PM
HCF Member
Default hurst short shifter-no likey

I just installed a hurst short shifter in my civic but I dont like it, I want one that will reduce the throw by around 40% and I also want it to be a good 2-3 inches shorter in length than the stock one so thats its like even with the top of the seat.anyone know which shifter would be best for what Im looking for??

also I installed those energy urethane shifter bushings and I get thatmetal on metal rattle on 2nd and 3rd, you guys think I should try a differentbrand of bushings or go back to stock bushings?

Thanksin advance

Old 04-10-2008, 07:10 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: hurst short shifter-no likey

The rattle might be from the shifter hitting the exhaust. What do you mean you didnt like it? is it too high? if its too low it will be very uncomfortable, you would have to shift leaning sideways

Old 04-10-2008, 07:31 PM

You actually dont want your shifter really short. Grab your shifter really low and feel how much harder it is to change gears. The length is for leverage. If you look at any race car, like WRC cars, they have really long shifters that come close to the wheel.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:47 PM
HCF Member

Just for your info I have a B&M that I just installed, I like it a lot. (50%) I had to climb under and CUT OFF THE COUNTERBALANCE WEIGHTS on the shift linkage. That allowed me the clearance to clear the exhaust, so far I haven't noticed any difference in shifting other than its EASIER to shift into 5th and reverse. If you want your **** lower trying a different ****, I know that a couple that it threads up further into the shank and creates a lower shift ****.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:13 AM
HCF Member

is the b and m you installed the same height as stock? I dont want it much lower but a little bit would be nice lol and I dont think its hitting the exhaust but ill double check that one

Old 04-11-2008, 06:33 AM
HCF Member

the B&M is shorter than stock, but not like level with the seat or anything. Why don't you like your Hurst? It should have reduced the shift throw by 50%.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:01 PM

I want one that will reduce the throw by around 40% and I also want it to be a good 2-3 inches shorter in length than the stock one so thats its like even with the top of the seat
Hi nyorkrider,

I suggest you take a look at our Honda Civic Short Shifters webpage.

It seems that either the Dual Bend Short Shifter or the Stage 1 Short Shifter would suits your needs.

Feel free to contact us at sales@twmperformance.com or toll free at 1-877-655-0540 if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Frank
TWM Performance

Old 04-11-2008, 03:09 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: TWM Performance

I want one that will reduce the throw by around 40% and I also want it to be a good 2-3 inches shorter in length than the stock one so thats its like even with the top of the seat
Hi nyorkrider,

I suggest you take a look at our Honda Civic Short Shifters webpage.

It seems that either the Dual Bend Short Shifter or the Stage 1 Short Shifter would suits your needs.

Feel free to contact us at sales@twmperformance.com or toll free at 1-877-655-0540 if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Frank
TWM Performance
Thats exactly what Im looking for!!!! thanks Ill be buying one from you within the next couple weeks