General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Is this hurting....?

Old 06-28-2006, 05:41 PM
Default Is this hurting....?

does and automatic transmission get scrwed whn u peel out with it. by doing this i mean putting it in Neutral, reving it, thn shifting into drive. my friend told me tht as long as its an electrical trani (whn flooring it, the car will down shift to get better torque), tht the trani wont get messed up. ive done it a few times and my trani's fine but i was wondering if this can screw it up (which i think so) or it doesnt hurt it.

Old 06-28-2006, 06:15 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Is this hurting....?

Neutral drops are horrible for you transmission. Dont do it anymore, and punch your friend in the nuts for telling you that.

Old 06-28-2006, 06:15 PM
Recognized HCF Member

omg, yessssssssss my friend did that in his explorer and boom 1500 dollars worth of a new trannsmission.... "dont do it" couple more times and you will be buying a new tranny

Old 06-28-2006, 08:19 PM
HCF Member

lol i thought i could do that and... no but i wanna know how i can get it to spin the tires i wanna do a burnout soooo bad....

Old 06-28-2006, 09:04 PM
HCF Member

and no more peeling out...unless its in a empty parking lot, your tranny will get back at you

Old 06-28-2006, 09:21 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: travman82

lol i thought i could do that and... no but i wanna know how i can get it to spin the tires i wanna do a burnout soooo bad....
do it with water under your tires

Old 06-28-2006, 09:35 PM
HCF Member

Oh good god. That's the best way to ruin a transmission.

Old 06-28-2006, 10:33 PM
HCF Member

if you are looking for anexcuse to do a manual swap, then by all means go right ahead

Old 06-29-2006, 04:25 AM

Put a water/bleach mix on your tires, then just stomp on it. If you want to keep going, run your windsheild washer hoses to your tire wells and spray for added effect. Supposedly using Mountain Dew for this step turns the smoke green, but I haven't ever tried it.

There are a hundred and one things you can do to do a burnout... neutral bombing your tranny is probably the worst of them all.

Old 06-29-2006, 05:31 AM

As all these guys have said, you are asking for a blown tranny if you keep ramming it through to Drive from neutral.

A 'friend' bought a '96 BMW 318i Auto for his first car a few years ago, and was doing the exact same thing. Rev the nackers off it in neutral, then force it into drive. All for a wheelspin that lasted a whole 2 yards.

Surely enough, the last time he tried it the whole lot blew. Oil and debris was shed all over the underside of the car. It turned out he had also fubared the diff which just added to the problems. The car never saw the road again. Bit of a crappy way to blow £5k!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is this hurting....?