General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I GOT MY CIVIC!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 06:15 PM
Default I GOT MY CIVIC!

ok I picked up my 98 civic CX today, and I love it. I also had my two bottom wisdom teeth pulled earlier, but I can't feel a thing so far, so hopefully I'm one that doesn't react too bad to it all. But getting my car made the day awsome. It is taking me a little but to get used to shifting from 1st to 2nd, sometimes I do something wrong, and the car will still drive, but start jumping around until I get going or until I push on the clucth. I think I might have been shifting too soon when that happened, I dont know, but I'm getting the hang of it!
thanks guys for all yoru help prior to me getting the car.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:44 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: I GOT MY CIVIC!

haha thats weird bro i had all 4 of mine out thursday

Old 09-14-2007, 07:44 PM
HCF Member

The car jerks when you let the clutch out too fast and not enough gas, keep practising and you will get used to it.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:37 PM
HCF Member

^Also, the car may be jerking if you're not bringing the clutch out smoothly enough... that was my problem.

Find a hillsomewhere in a parking lot or a road nobody drives on much and just practice starting out and then drift back down the hill and start over again. It took me about 4 days before I felt completely comfortable. My parents tried to teach me but really what you have to do is just take the car out by yourself. You will stall it in traffic, it happens, just don't get frustrated.

Update us on how your clutching improves and welcome to HCF.

P.S. Pics!

Old 09-15-2007, 05:47 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: WhiteRabbit1021

^Also, the car may be jerking if you're not bringing the clutch out smoothly enough... that was my problem.

Find a hillsomewhere in a parking lot or a road nobody drives on much and just practice starting out and then drift back down the hill and start over again. It took me about 4 days before I felt completely comfortable. My parents tried to teach me but really what you have to do is just take the car out by yourself. You will stall it in traffic, it happens, just don't get frustrated.

Update us on how your clutching improves and welcome to HCF.

P.S. Pics!

Words of wisdom right there. Pretty much exactly what he said, everyone stalls in traffic, but you just have to learn from it, and eventually you'll get the hang of it. And i honestly think it was easier to learn without my dad in the car, because id feel so uncomfortable, and hed say stuff like OH MY GOSH DONT DO THAT, haha so it made me freak out.

Pics pics pics!

Old 09-15-2007, 06:20 AM

alright guys thanks alot, and I will get pics up today, I just have to go take them.

Old 09-15-2007, 06:25 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Darkpbstar

alright guys thanks alot, and I will get pics up today, I just have to go take them.

awesome! definitely keep us updated on how learning stick is going!

hope your mouth feels better [sm=smiley1.gif]