General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

i just bought a civic

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 10:35 PM
Default i just bought a civic

ok so i just bought a 1994 civic ex i like the car but it needs alot of work the rear passenger side was smashed all to hell and it will need a new trunk lid and bumper plate and bumper... i already took it to a mechanic and he said everything was fine with the frame and drive train .... even the alignment was good. i like the car alot and even though it has 226,xxx miles on it it still runs like a champ and the manual trans shifts fine no slips or anything. being as i sold my old v6 89 camaro to buy it i have no options but to fix it up, the goods:

came with a very well ran coldair intake
strong drive train that has been properly maintained
good interior minor wear and tear
all lights work (even the one on the screwed up side)
trans shifts good
fairly brand new tires

bads:

body needs alot of work
crappy purple paint job
no body kit
stock wheels
(i have no freaking idea how to work on foreign cars)

will yall please help me pick out all the right stuff for this car?????

my ideas so far.....

transplant good drive train to a better body
duraflex blitz full body kit
port and polish intake
magna flow cat back exhaust with high flow cat and headers
jet black and lime green custom dual V stripe paint
enkei or similiar 16" rims black gloss with green rim stripe
lambo doors (come on its a coupe)
interior and exterior LED lighting systems
NOT a big sound system person

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

this is going to be a lead car for a car club so please help me out thatnks yall

Old 01-15-2011, 06:35 AM

If you like ricey mods, go for it.

Here's my suggestion:
transplant good drive train to a better body - I have no idea what this means. Are you swapping the motor out to a different car?
duraflex blitz full body kit - Ohhh gawd... please no.
port and polish intake - No need unless you are really getting into the performance side of things.
magna flow cat back exhaust with high flow cat and headers - That's fine. You have one header, not headers.
jet black and lime green custom dual V stripe paint - I would pass on this.
enkei or similiar 16" rims black gloss with green rim stripe - Black wheels, no green.
lambo doors (come on its a coupe) - Oh gawd... please no.
interior and exterior LED lighting systems - Meh, interior lights as LEDs are nice (if not green :P), and a few exterior lights as LEDs (License plate area) would be fine.

Google "Clean Civic" and look at the images. I would suggest that style of modification. Nice looking, but not screaming "HEY LOOK AT ME!".

Old 01-15-2011, 09:04 AM

yes it is a motor swap if its not worth fixing the body. i paid 700 bucks for this car so if its gonna cost me $1200 or more to fix the damage it wont be worth it. to be completly honest what i want its is a bit of a show car. ricey for me is nice im not a big performance person but a little more horse power and torque are always nice. i dont want this thing to look stock just changing the rims and simple stuff is not interesting or appealing to me but i do appriciate your view on the subject. in all fore sight i guess the look im going for is a show/drift looking car.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:17 AM

Welcome. Post some pictures so we can see what you're talking about. Hondas are AMAZINGLY SIMPLE to work on. You'll pick it up right away. You will also want to get the factory service manual for this car. You can download (free) from www.hondatech.info. Look for the manual section. Yours will be the 92-95 Civic.

Now, for your ideas...

transplant good drive train to a better body (Lets see pics. You might be able to grab a hammer and rubber mallet and start smacking it out yourself.)
duraflex blitz full body kit (No. The fast and furious movement is dead. Body kits are played out. Just get a nice, clean paint job. It will draw more attention.)
port and polish intake (Do this only if you are going to do some serious engine building. On such a small engine, this won't make any difference at all.)
magna flow cat back exhaust with high flow cat and headers (Header. Only one on a Honda. This will result in good looks but minimal performance enhancement.)
jet black and lime green custom dual V stripe paint (Jet black, good. I'd have to see what you mean with the stripe. Might not be a good idea. You want clean, not rice.)
enkei or similiar 16" rims black gloss with green rim stripe (Black and green theme could work well. What sort of rim? How many spokes?)
lambo doors (come on its a coupe) (Lamborghinis don't even have lambo doors anymore. The good kits are $300+ dollars. Your call, it's your car.)
interior and exterior LED lighting systems (Interior, yes. Exterior... Again, fast and furious is dead. It's your car, but most of us here will recommend against it. If you decide to do it, we'll help though.)
NOT a big sound system person (We can make suggestions for decent cheap sound. Those stock speakers are likely garbage by now.)

Old 01-15-2011, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by X-Blade
yes it is a motor swap if its not worth fixing the body. i paid 700 bucks for this car so if its gonna cost me $1200 or more to fix the damage it wont be worth it. to be completly honest what i want its is a bit of a show car. ricey for me is nice im not a big performance person but a little more horse power and torque are always nice. i dont want this thing to look stock just changing the rims and simple stuff is not interesting or appealing to me but i do appriciate your view on the subject. in all fore sight i guess the look im going for is a show/drift looking car.
If the body is not worth it, I can understand. If you want a show car, then by all means. Just remember, if you do asked for opinions, you will get just that. Many of the forum members here are not into that sort of thing. The fun part is on how much you can mod it and still have it look stock. Stuff like bigger wheels and all that would only be necessary for bigger brakes. Get it? haha I mainly do mods in order to make the car more fun to drive, not look at.

Please... do not make this car look like a "drift" car... To be honest, I am not sure what that means unless you want broken bumpers, and zip ties holding everything together. Like I had mentioned before. If you want a show car, then go right ahead, but expect the biggest fan club.

Old 01-15-2011, 02:24 PM

to be completely honest it will have a nice and clean paint job it will be jet black my cousin runs a paint shop so my paint is free regardless stock look with minor mods just isnt my style though and i really do appriciate the attention to detail you both seem to have in your cars....this car is not going to be driven like a maniac or fast and furious.... the idea behind this car is to have a basis to build another car years from now when my daughter turns 16. i want her to have a sporty feul efficient car.... civics seem to be a perfect platform for this....so i guess yeah i want that rice burner look because its how i see myself wanting a car a few years ago..... back then i wish i would have bought a civic instead of that crap camaro.....now id rather push my civic then drive that camaro....i guess i might be behind times when it comes to these cars but thats why i signed up on this forum........see what people are into now...(and trust me in this town people only look at the body and paint)..... again i do appriciate the opinions of you both and would like more opinions if you have them....

YES I'M A LITTLE CRAZY AND OLD FASHIONED>>>>>>>

Old 01-19-2011, 01:58 PM
HCF Member
Default to the origional poster

You are probably my favorite person on this site. A lot of people on this site are what I consider Honda enthusiasts. They like Hondas thus they write about it. Me being 18 I want a Honda (crx preferably) that other people my age look at and are like OMG. Yes limbo doors, yes to led’s,
(I took out my stock dome lights, took the light bulb out, got some leds online I ordered like 1000 of them for 20 bucks, I wired 4 to some plastic and mounted it where the bulb was, 4 leds on each side. I wired them to the stock switch and put the stock cover for the light on it. It looks stock but when you press the switch its bright blue leds. I like it)
Anyway, green accents on black look raw, rice the Sh*t out of that. I would like to see a full 3.5 inch exhaust, carbon fiber hood, or maybe a WRX hood scoop. Maybe get a park bench on the back. Get some lowering springs I like tires under fenders but if you want to cut fenders or have tires stick out whatever.

all in all thumbs up for going crazy, I love the feeling when you know people are looking at me like what the f*ck that’s crazy. Show pics when you’re doing stuff too.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:33 PM

OP, it's your car. In the end, do what makes you happy. But it looks like you have two options:

Listen to the enthusiasts who will give you all sorts of solid advice. Or,

Listen to the other guy who apparently drives this van.

Your call.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:28 PM
HCF Member

thats my baby!! how did you find it lol, thats slightly creepy

btw, any offers on the van, comes with rotating style disco ball in the back, ac inverter powering a ps2 and a 19 inch hd flat panel tv. two 12 inch sony xplodes powered by a pioneer amp, custom box at 3 cubic foot devided with two 2x5 inch ports. streetglow underglow kit 1-4 cigrette lighter port conversion. blue dome lights, aftermarket horns, front running lights custom swapped for leds. custom black paint. lots of other random crap. first car doing random stuff to it ftw

Last edited by tuboflard; 01-19-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:03 PM

It's one of the requirements of being a moderator: internet sleuthing skills.

Also, in order to post for sale ads, you must have 25 posts and you must post in the classifieds section.

Quick Reply: i just bought a civic