General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I need help with transfering a 92 civic vx engine to a 95 civic cx body

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Default I need help with transfering a 92 civic vx engine to a 95 civic cx body

I have made some decent progress thus far, but I have some questions that I hope you guys can help me with.

Is there a trick to unplugging the electric connectors from the engine because I have been having difficulties with them and it may be due to the cold and age of the engine, but I wanted to make sure.

Also, I need to know how to get power to the v-tech electronic secondary valves.

Old 12-29-2007, 04:19 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: I need help with transfering a 92 civic vx engine to a 95 civic cx body

OK - first of all, it's 'VTEC', not 'v-tech'. VTEC's not electronic - it's hydro-mechanical driven by oil pressure (check out the 'How VTEC Works' thread in this room FMI)

And yes - you're going to have Hell getting those connectors unplugged. Especially if the car's been anywhere close to the sea or an area that's had salt thrown in the winters.

Once you get the electronics disconnected from the donor car's engine, make sure you remove them from the donor car as well, and stuff them into the new car along with the engine. You're effectively going to make your DX into a VX by doing this, but there's no way the DX ECU will control the VX's VTEC-E engine.

Lots of folks herehave done swaps like this before with lots of success, so when they comment on this, make sure you hear what they're saying. These guys know their stuff.

Welcome! Good luck with your project - keep us posted.