General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I need some opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 08:51 PM
Default I need some opinions

Well i am looking for some feedback on different ideas to modify my 2005 Honda Civic LX, i have alredy tinted 27%, and added a Bomx Racing Cold Air Intake. I was thinking of a Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust. Please educate me your wealths of knowledge.

Old 07-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Default RE: I need some opinions

wheels? tires? springs? strauts?

wheels-looks

tires- handling

springs- lower the car and ahndling

Old 07-04-2005, 12:22 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

Header, Highflow cat, and catback.. let your car breathe right

Old 07-06-2005, 09:44 PM
HCF Member

well both of the above are right but if you want the biggest change do wheels and tires....it is the most image changing and of the mods and it has function. just dont do spinners or something along those lines plz....imports get enough greif! lol

Old 07-06-2005, 09:47 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

Header, Highflow cat, and catback.. let your car breathe right
I second that motion. All in favor meet me at the 1/4 mile mark before the guys with rims and tires.

Old 07-07-2005, 07:54 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

All in favor meet me at the 1/4 mile mark before the guys with rims and tires
baa hahaha

Old 07-07-2005, 06:18 PM
HCF Member

yeah you can make a car fast in a straight line!! really tough..try doing road courses. or try getting the power to the ground with the stock 185/60 15 tires there champ. and i didnt say stop at wheels and tires i am just saying that is the biggest difference in a car for a first mod. i mean really how much horse are you makin with a high flow cat and intake and an exhaust? not enough for the money you spend on them if thats all you are doin. I have all that done and more to my car and i still think my best buy for my car was the wheels and tires. well next to the SiR motor. cause wheels not only change the look of the car alot but they improve handling and take off and braking. so you can get the the 1/4 mile a whole half a second or so before me but when people look at your stock *** car everybody crowds around mine...or when we leave the track and you have to display some driving skill and turn and i blow by you remember you sound cool and have a couple more hp than me......wow

[IMG]local://upfiles/2745/5EFA3FF6D32545CD82F9E82344E4E1E2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-07-2005, 06:36 PM

i agree i have 17s love em and improved handle too good first buy i think

Old 07-07-2005, 06:37 PM
HCF Member

Take it easy, Michael. It didn't seem like the kid wanted to go autoX'ing for the national title. He mentioned that he had a CAI and was thinking about a cat-back. You don't have to get all defensive because I would rather make horsepower than have people tell me how cool my rims are. I want my car to look stock(ish). He has an Lx, not an SiR. How much fun are pretty wheels throwing down 93 to the crank?

or try getting the power to the ground with the stock 185/60 15 tires there champ
I've seen 13 sec passes on stock steelies.

so you can get the the 1/4 mile a whole half a second or so before me but when people look at your stock *** car everybody crowds around mine...
I don't see many losers of a race getting crowds no matter what wheels they have.

Bottom line is what you want for your car. Personally I would rather BE fast than LOOK fast.

Old 07-07-2005, 07:42 PM
HCF Member

well bottom line if a stock car pulled up with a whole 10 or 20hp than me but stock outside and i am sitting there with my wheels and eibach springs i dont think its goin to matter in the 1/4. first off springs are goin to give you a better lauch and better response....second if you invest in lightwieght wheels with low pros you are goin to have less unsprung weight helping in the quarter and i have a wider footprint than stock so i am goin to hook up better.......and about the civic running a 13 second 1/4 on stock tires.....yeah i am goin to have to raise the BS flag on that one. first off if he has made the car a 13 second car he is goin to run a different set of tires. second IF its a 13 second car with stocks he will shave alot of time movin up to a wider wheel and tire! have you ever been to a track with a car that breaks traction....because with 112 whp i doubt you can break traction even in the burn out box with all the water.

Quick Reply: I need some opinions