General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I need volunteers...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 07:43 AM
Default I need volunteers...

The powers that be are giving us a chance to redesign the forum banner. This by no means guarantees that what is submitted will actually be used, but it's worth a shot and could be fun.

Here's where I need help:

One of our ideas is to use pictures of members rides before and after, animated style. Basically, it'll be a 2 frame animation. First will be stock/before, second will be modded/after. In that tiny banner space at the top left of the page, we are thinking about putting member examples of 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th gen Civics to illustrate our inclusion of past and present Civics. We don't have many 1st-3rd gens on the site but we won't exclude them if you submit them.

So what I need from our members are higher resolution
(1024x768+ or so, but 640x480 works well enough) "before" and "after" pictures, preferably in well lit locations with light backgrounds I can edit out. By posting your before and after pictures here, you give permission for them to be used by me or others to create banner candidates for HCF. There are no guarantees that they will make it to the final cut. There are no guarantees that this animated idea will pan out at all. It may end up being all "after" pictures. We don't know yet.

That said, bring on the pics of your Civics!

Last edited by WellFedHobo; 06-16-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:51 AM

Damn... if I didn't -F- up my front end yesterday, I would be taking pics right now. We should include that cvcc which is being restored, that would be pretty cool.

I think the before/after idea for the banner is a good one itinerant. I hope I can get my car's exterior fixed up soon enough in order to participate.

More power to you itinerant. I have no idea how to do this computer stuff with all that fancy random letter/number stuff. lol Good work on getting this banner change thing up and running.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:58 AM

The before/after thing was Stuart's (trustdestruction) idea, but thanks.

How bad is the damage? If its paint, I can retouch the photo. If it's body... I'd have to see.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:11 AM
HCF Member

i have some before and after shots but not sure if they are in 1024x768. i'll have to check. great idea trust and itinerant, thanks for working on the banner, wish i can create something but lack the skills.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:25 AM
HCF Member

ok my pics is not going to work, but just posting my contribution.

the before pic is 640 x 480 with a not so good camera, the lighting is horrible

After, not good of a picture since i took a quick one to show the headlight. this picture is 3008 x 2000

Old 06-16-2009, 11:33 AM

Photobucket shrunk your after pic down to 799x531 but I'll see what I can do. They'll all probably have a blue gradient layer overlaid with a 60% opacity level once I'm done.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:26 PM
HCF Member

i can get a better picture if you want to work with my car. just wondering does photobucket automatically shrinks down the image? is there a way to prevent that or a photo host that doesn't shrink down the image?

Old 06-16-2009, 12:27 PM

There are options in PB, but unless you have Pro, you can't really do anything above 1024x768. Yours might work, though. I've been messing with them this entire time.

[edit] Yes, yours worked fine in the end. 6th generation Before/After is covered. Still need 4th, 5th, 7th, and 8th.

Last edited by WellFedHobo; 06-16-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:57 PM
HCF Member

cool i want to see.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:05 PM

Here's the 6th generation pics:

"before"

"after"

That's all so far, not really quite done yet. They're still a work in progress. These'll be cleaned up further and replaced. (Note the artistic license on the glass and hood reflections. Not my best, personally.) Feel free to keep them. They're your stock pics.

[edit] check the New HCF Banner thread to see what's happening with these pics. I really want more input. This could possibly effect ALL MEMBERS if the IB people accept our offer of change. https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=76148

Last edited by WellFedHobo; 06-16-2009 at 05:17 PM.

Quick Reply: I need volunteers...