General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I'm getting a civic!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 05:10 AM
Default I'm getting a civic!

Hey everyone I'm new here and after much research I've decided to buy a civic. I don't have one yet but tonight I'm going to look at a 2000 civic CX. Are CX's very common and are they as modifyable as the dx lx ex? What are some of the first good mods you guys typically take advantage of first?

Old 06-27-2007, 05:44 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: I'm getting a civic!

the dx/lx/cx are all basicly the same engine but some of them come with power locks. a/c. power steering etc.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:44 AM
Administrator

can your call yourself civicjoe if you dont have a civic yet?! haha i kid, good luck

Old 06-27-2007, 10:00 AM

I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I have my mind set on a civic, I've been looking for three weeks and I am ready to scoop one up once I find the right one.
I will admit I am a Honda noob...
I should probably use the search button.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:05 AM
HCF Member

i highly recommend the EX... you get nice extra little features for not much more. you could call it the "luxury" version if you want, its just a nicer car. good luck on your search.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:15 PM

Well I just got my civic today. It's a 2000 Civic cx 5-Speed and it only has 85,000 miles on it. It has no power steering, no abs, no cruise control, no A/C, no power windows, no power locks. A little low on options but still a very nice car the body and paint is like 97/100 and the interior is 100/100 no flaws. I don't mind not having the extra options because my last car didn't have them either. I will however install cruise control because that's the one option I would like to have.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:27 PM
HCF Member

do you have any plans for the car? as far as performance???

Old 06-27-2007, 07:04 PM

Well for interior mods I'm just gonna do the blue LED strips behind the cluster because I've always wanted to do that. Also I'm gonna put an aftermarket tach in because there isn't one on the cluster. I might replace all the stock headlights and taillights. And thirdly I would like to get some nice rims because right now it has steelies painted flat black and I've never had rims on any of my cars before. I will probably just get wheel covers though because rims are spendy. I don't want too much rice but I still want it to look sweet.
As far as performancne mods I'm not sure because I'm not very familiar with Hondas. The catalytic converter is like part of the header so I would like to move that to a different place. So far my list of mods I would like to do are:
Cold Air Header Catback exhaust vtec head performance intake mani
But to be realistic I will probably only pick a couple mods for now because I'm off to college. That is unless used parts are cheap and plentiful.
I've also been thinking and I would like to install A/C and cruise control in my car. I don't think I should have any trouble with either of them except finding the right parts off junked cars. I've done enough rambling for now...

Old 06-28-2007, 06:35 AM

you can get a LX/HX/EX/Si Cluster that has a tach, and its plug and play

Old 06-28-2007, 01:28 PM

Is there a way to play with the cluster and change the mileage on it? I would want to change the mileage on the swapped in cluster to match my original one.

Quick Reply: I'm getting a civic!