General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Installing Subwoofer help

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Default Installing Subwoofer help

I just got a free subwoofer from a cousin of mines and I'm wonder if it'll work with my car's system.

I got the Bazooka Tube EL Series. Link below shows the specs.
Bazooka EL8A-HP (el8ahp) Subwoofer Bass Tubes - Sonic Electronix

I also have stock stereos and a Kendmore KDC-MP242 Deck.

So from my knowledge, there's amps on both my deck and on the subwoofer, so will they pair up and work? Or do i need anything extra,i.e a amp.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Default help with your bazooka tube

Hey, first off what car do you have make, model, and year. Second have you ever installed a system before? If you would like i know that some people use this www.12-volt.com website. Last but not least I know free is free, but why a bazooka tube? lol j/k Let me know the info i will see if i can get you all the info and some how to instructions just in case.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Powered subwoofers are made because they're simple to hook up.

You need to run a heavy power wire from the car's battery (+) terminal to the woofer location. For safety, there must be a fuse inline very near the battery, otherwise a short in the wire is prone to set the car on fire. The woofer power circuit must be grounded to the car frame using another heavy wire.

Then you need a control signal to the "remote" terminal. This fully shuts down the woofer's amplifier while the car is parked to prevent draining the battery. Aftermarket head units have a remote signal on a blue/white or solid blue wire. This wire is live when the unit is powered up and off when it is not. Small gauge wire can be used for the remote lead.

For signal, the best option is an RCA cable to the "sub out" on the head unit. If your head unit doesn't have a "sub out", a woofer of that type probably has high-level inputs as well. Connect the high level inputs in parallel with one or both of the rear speakers.

Once you have the wiring in place and try it out, you can buy something better to replace it, and installation will be easy. Those don't sound all that great that's why your relative wanted to be rid of it.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:57 PM

My brother's car has the wires for hooking up a subwoofer in his car but he no longer uses them, can i use those(Taking them out of his car and putting them into mines) for my subwoofer? I have no experience with this at all, but im just trying to see if they'll work.