General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Intake- What brand is best??

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Default RE: Intake- What brand is best??

Like the name dude!! Ordered AEM yesterday. be in wed. Pumped!!

Old 10-21-2007, 02:27 PM

maybe someone can answer this ...or maybe there is electronics involved that i don't just don't see, but i MAKE mandrel bent tubing ALL DAY LONG at work ..and all i see is two pieces of mandrel bent tubing (maybe 12 bucks total in raw materials) a couple lengths of rubber tubing ( 5bucks TOPS) and a filter ??.

am i missing something as to why they cost 150.00??? someone enlighten me please?? is that really all there is to a kit ?.

pee-sout
J.

Old 10-21-2007, 03:27 PM
HCF Member

For most generic questions such as this, go to it's section and read the Stickies at the top of section. For example, in the Header, Intake, Exhaust section, read the Intake FAQ: CLICK ME!

Old 10-22-2007, 07:36 AM
HCF Member

Id go with AEM. All of the ones Ive seen, including my own, fit perfectly on the car, and give a great sound.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:09 AM

ORIGINAL: hondavirgin

maybe someone can answer this ...or maybe there is electronics involved that i don't just don't see, but i MAKE mandrel bent tubing ALL DAY LONG at work ..and all i see is two pieces of mandrel bent tubing (maybe 12 bucks total in raw materials) a couple lengths of rubber tubing ( 5bucks TOPS) and a filter ??.

am i missing something as to why they cost 150.00??? someone enlighten me please?? is that really all there is to a kit ?.

pee-sout
J.

in theory, there's a bunch of research and development into the tube lengths that optimize the flow of air to maximize the flow and velocity.

now, if you've got a degree in fluid dynamics, you too, can design and make intakes.

there's no electronics involved, just pieces of pipe and a filter yes, but some thought does go into design for the above mentioned reasons, as well as the method of mounting.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:46 AM
HCF Member

AEM or Injen are deff. the most popular

Old 10-22-2007, 05:04 PM

Good choice going wiith Aem.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:28 PM

ORIGINAL: cderalow

ORIGINAL: hondavirgin

pee-sout
J.

in theory, there's a bunch of research and development into the tube lengths that optimize the flow of air to maximize the flow and velocity.

now, if you've got a degree in fluid dynamics, you too, can design and make intakes.

there's no electronics involved, just pieces of pipe and a filter yes, but some thought does go into design for the above mentioned reasons, as well as the method of mounting.
oh i dont doubt for a sec that a bunch of research goes into it . That being said , I'm pretty confident in the fact that i can make one of those for about 12 bucks , fab-ing a bracket to hold it , no problem , i guess the biggest expense would be a good filter . ....sooooo...Im going to make one this weekend and i'll post pics -n-stuff .