General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Issues with my new 08 LX Automatic Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Default Issues with my new 08 LX Automatic Sedan

I bought a brand new 2008 Honda Civic in November and am enjoying the car except for two things.

1: Gas Mileage - I am getting 21-22 MPG with this car. I have read the other threads about this on the forum and know that some people are having similar issues. My question is, what should I do? Do I contact the dealer about this, and if so, what response should I expect?

2: If I turn the heater on and then turn the fan off, it seems to turn the fan off, but hot air will still be coming out of the vents. The only way to stop this is to close the vents (or change from vents to floor), but shouldn't turning the fan off stop everything from coming out of there? It happens also with cool air, not just heat. Is this normal behavior?

Thanks for your help.

Old 12-20-2007, 02:05 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Issues with my new 08 LX Automatic Sedan

I'm pretty sure that newer cars befor they break in will use up more gas. How do you calculate your mpg?

I think I know what your talking about... like one of the buttons has to be pushed in even if you don't want anything on right? I've grown used to it and don't mind constant air circulation. But i've found that if you push one of the other buttons halfway in the one selected will pop out and no buttons will be on, but this is on my 98 EX could be different with yours.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:08 AM
HCF Member

Its a new car, read the owners manual when to change your first oil. Dont change it too early or too late but after the changes, it should start to go up. Someone else complain about the exact same thing in another forum. Only time will tell. How many miles do you have now?

Old 12-20-2007, 06:33 AM
HCF Member

Gas mileage: There are way too many factors involved for you to blame the car this early in your ownership. Join one of the mileage threads to continue that conversation.

Heater fan: What you consider a minus I consider a plus. At 70 MPH going down the highway it means I can turn the fan down to keep the car quiet and still get some air to circulate through the car.

Old 12-20-2007, 05:50 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: acrappa

I bought a brand new 2008 Honda Civic in November and am enjoying the car except for two things.

1: Gas Mileage - I am getting 21-22 MPG with this car. I have read the other threads about this on the forum and know that some people are having similar issues. My question is, what should I do? Do I contact the dealer about this, and if so, what response should I expect?

2: If I turn the heater on and then turn the fan off, it seems to turn the fan off, but hot air will still be coming out of the vents. The only way to stop this is to close the vents (or change from vents to floor), but shouldn't turning the fan off stop everything from coming out of there? It happens also with cool air, not just heat. Is this normal behavior?

Thanks for your help.
I also bought a 08 Sedan, never checked the gas mileage but since yo brought it up ill keep my eye on it.
The light on the A/C part is normal, one light never turns off and air still flows through the vents.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:07 PM
HCF Member

The air will still circulate fan or not, just at a much lower rate (as the others have said). If you don't want to feel the air, find a setting (heat, vent, mix) that you can deal with and set it there. As an FYI, Honda recommends not leaving the fan off for extended periods to prevent stale or musty air. Not sure if it will ever get stale, but its in the manual.