General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

it's a bad bad day... my car totalled

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Default update

so just another update on my bad luck streak... i called Capital One and yep, you guys are right, they want me to pay off the loan in full in the next 30 days... hmm... where can i get $13,000.00??

It is true that they required full coverage however they never heard of Progressive!! Can you guys believe that? anyhow, they didn't check to make sure i had full coverage so guess that's their fault but i still have to pay within the time limit. the Capital One agent was very nice and let me know that i can take out a personal loan so guess that's just the next step i gotta take. *sigh* anyhow just wanted to share in case anyone out there cared. haha.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:01 PM
Default RE: update

ORIGINAL: love2cul8r

so just another update on my bad luck streak... i called Capital One and yep, you guys are right, they want me to pay off the loan in full in the next 30 days... hmm... where can i get $13,000.00??

It is true that they required full coverage however they never heard of Progressive!! Can you guys believe that? anyhow, they didn't check to make sure i had full coverage so guess that's their fault but i still have to pay within the time limit. the Capital One agent was very nice and let me know that i can take out a personal loan so guess that's just the next step i gotta take. *sigh* anyhow just wanted to share in case anyone out there cared. haha.
Seriously Im really sorry for your situation, thats one of the worst things Ive heard in a long while......taking a loan to pay for a car you dont even have sucks so much......

Old 01-22-2008, 07:39 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: update

love2cul8r,
My wife recently got rear-ended inour '06 LX sedan, so I can sympathize with you- driving in L.A. is hazardous at best. The other party was driving a big F350 work truck, but surprisingly the damage was not bad (bumper destroyed, but taillights and rear unibody intact). It's always a hassle to get your car repaired, but at least the insurance will take care of it for the most part.

I know this doesn't help you, but life often teaches us lessons- I think next time you will definitely have full insurance coverage on your next new car, even if someone tells you it's not necessary.

Geno

Old 01-23-2008, 03:02 AM
Default RE: it's a bad bad day... my car totalled

ORIGINAL: love2cul8r

the driver of the dodge ram is possibly an illegal alien!
Excuse me?

Old 01-23-2008, 04:05 AM
Administrator
Default RE: it's a bad bad day... my car totalled

sorry to hear about your accident, ill admit i didnt read this whole thread, but seems like insurance isnt paying for your losses?! are they at least going to total it and give you what it was worth?! i hope so.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:18 AM
Default RE: what to do now?

let me ask you dude. When you bought the vehicle, did you pay it in full up front or you doin monthly payments? Cuz down here that I know of, no bank will finance you unless you have full coverage. I worked in the insurance biz for a little while, without that traffic citation that the officer should've given the dodge ram, you're in pretty hot water bro.. good luck to you cuz you'll need it. Since the cop never gave the citation, that driver could easily turn it against you dude. I hope that you atleast have the name of the officer so you can communicate with him should you need it.