General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

JDM

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 08:21 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: JDM

no, it was in place for a long time. but 2006 is supposedly the last year of it. rumors of V10 9K redline Supra replacements are floating around in its soon-to-be-absence.

Old 03-06-2006, 06:49 PM

ORIGINAL: sacicons

no, it was in place for a long time. but 2006 is supposedly the last year of it. rumors of V10 9K redline Supra replacements are floating around in its soon-to-be-absence.

Old 03-06-2006, 07:32 PM
HCF Member

bad part is, it will probably come over as a Lexus, and we all know how expensive a Toyota Supra was, so I can only imagine what they will be asking for one with the L on the back.

Old 03-06-2006, 07:35 PM
HCF Member

I would think that maybe they wouldn't put the Lexus badge on it. The Lexus sports car is a complete luxury, with not performance to it. If Toyota was going to make a supra replacement, maybe it would have the Toyota badge on it since Toyota already has the image of the Supra. But it might also be that nobody is gonna want to pay 70K for a Toyota.

Old 03-06-2006, 08:11 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

. But it might also be that nobody is gonna want to pay 70K for a Toyota.
i do believe the words Land Cruiser spring to mind.. mind you it's not actually 70K vehicles but they are damn up there(i do believe it starts arround 56K). and dont forget that Nissan is releasing the Skyline in Norther America as a Infinity when it comes back out... they already have it as Infinity technically, if you wanna call the G35 a Skyline since it is in Japan. But they are actually releasing it as "Skyline" when the new one's come out..

So i wouldn't be suprised if Toyota releases the Supra as Lexus this time... but then again Toyota already had the Supra in NA.. and Nissan didnt have the Skyline in NA under that name badge yet.....

EDIT: i just went ot the Toyota website to double check on the Land Cruiser price.. and noticed that they have removed the Celica from there... so Toyota actually has NO soprts coupe under the Toyota badging now... so maybe they will have the Supra under Toyota and not Lexus

BTW in case people don't know Toyota is going to use the Scion TC as their FWD sports coupe from now on[:@].. that car is weaker than the celica GTS was [:'(]

Old 03-07-2006, 03:07 PM

Maybe they'll make it a Scion...

Old 03-07-2006, 04:26 PM
HCF Member

Toyota still has the MR2, which is more of a sports can than the Celica was/is. And nobody in thier right mind would pay 70k for a Scion. Such a POS, you'd never see me in one (unless my cuz is giving me a ride)

Old 03-07-2006, 06:58 PM
HCF Member

damn i can't believe that i forgot about teh MRS... damn.. well i guess that will be Toyota's leading sports coupe then[&:]... they are not bad but nothing to brag about

and what is with car componies making new versions of cars but having them less of a performer as the previous model

Old 03-07-2006, 08:05 PM
HCF Member

Nope. MR is done for too. the sportiest stuff in Toyotas lineup right now is the Corolla XRS, and the new TRD Tacomas[&:]

Now a V10 Scion would be SICK! I would consider one if I had the money.

now I would love to see the Volta come to the US.

and some "concept" pics.

they still havent announced whether it will be FR or MR though. I would love to see it MR, like a true sports car.

Old 03-07-2006, 09:53 PM
HCF Member

I was beginning to wonder if Toyota was actually still making the MRS cause after i posted that i double checked the Toyota site and they didnt have it listed either. As for the Sports cars that toyota has... the Corolla XRS is nothing special... just a 170hp corolla with a body clip... i would rather the Matrix XRS that is at least AWD...

and Volta?? can't say that i have heard of it... but it is damn nice looking.. they should produce that here...

and here is a front pic of that last concept that you posted

I kinda hope that it looks somewhere along this line

Quick Reply: JDM