General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

just my thoughts.., but

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 09:33 PM
Angry just my thoughts.., but

you know i didnt join this forum to see anything but honda's and i thought it was civic's at that. i work at a speed/tuning shop in chicago and all i do is wait for a honda guy/or girl to come in, gone are the days where it was all honda all the time, kinda glad to tell you the truth, (i dont like trends) but all i see at work is scions, vw's, mustang's, 240sx, but i would like some kind of break and i thougt this would be the place. honda has been my car of choice since 93, and thats all i ever owend, dont get me wrong my boss has a sweet r34 skyline with 700hp that i get to work on all the time, i like the car i dont love the car i much rather he had a ef9 crx or a aerodeck or hell even a turbo 2 city from 1984! for the most part i never owend another brand because of the quality of them, acually most other brands just plain crap, when i see a ford where a honda should be thats just obsurd. sorry if i offend some but, scion tc? just means toyota civic to me, just a real bad lookalike copy with no where the hp per liter honda would have!. just think 5.0 honda it be like 550hp+ with great milage and vtech! what do all think?

Old 08-08-2008, 10:47 PM

yea man i'm really starting to get tired of scion tc owners who think they're the shiznit... just because it looks fast doesn't mean it is fast. lol.

welcome to the forum man
5.0 honda would be sick... don't know about the gas mileage though...

Old 08-09-2008, 12:23 AM
HCF Member

i hate how everyone thinks if you drive a honda your just a ricer, when there are a lot, but there are also a lot of really nice civics that have a lot of power. What people also have to remember is that these cars where built for economy, so of coarse they arent going to come stock with a lot of hp. Thats y a nicely tuned civic to me is way better than any stang or camaro

Old 08-09-2008, 06:27 AM
HCF Member

What shop do you work at? Maybe you'll see my civic soon. I'm gearing up to turbo charge my 08 coupe.

Old 08-09-2008, 07:02 AM

i work at top speed on archer, it would be nice to se ya come around.
yes they were built for economy, just look at the nsx 275-290hp not your typical honda motor with 105+hp per liter but i would buy one from the first year they made it in 91 even if it had 150000miles on it! all my hondas had over 100000 on them all have been reliable, and i only changed motors for the novelty of the jdm cars, buy a 90000 mile ford and your monthy parts bill would exceed that of a new car!

Old 08-09-2008, 11:10 AM

oh man, you said it. NSX is my dream car. Those things are sweet. Buy one of those, and maybe slap turbo on it and imagine how fast it'd be then.
Funny thing is, I think the first ones they made in 1991, that body style, were the best looking ones. i don't like the ones they made in like 2003.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:23 PM
HCF Member

Lucky, what would it cost to tune my civic? The kit comes with a good base map. But it would need a tweak.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:22 AM
Cat Fuсker

I find it disturbing that you work at a speed shop, love hondas yet you can't spell VTEC properly. As far as hondas go, I find civics to be too small, too underpowered, too easily crushed by anything else to ever own one again. Those who've seen my last civic will know my reasoning.

Old 08-10-2008, 07:29 AM

look roto, when i wrote this it was late i just got off work and i was pissed cause someone broke in my car at work stole my aem uego apexi neo greddy timer, instead of complaining about that i talked about something else. now about sell outs what you bought a civic right after you saw the fast and the furious bought every thing you could didnt take in concideration that not everything in the catalog works together well let me guess you must now be a drifter now or waiting for the new comaro thats coming soon. how weak! i could care less if an h scrubed one of my words or maybie next time ill just write variable timing electronic control just so i dont make that same mistake. how old are you anyway? i bet when i was building my first car at the end of 93, a 88 civic 4door you were to busy watching the power rangers or barny. now back to honda they arnt drag racing cars at all! the fact that they have made it down the track at 8 seconds now is really amazing. they are touring cars, great autocrossers, jgtc cars, anything that has to do with real racing, after all drag racing is fun but its just a pissing contest. now ill be shure never to chech my spelling just for you i knoh it will **** you ofh. thanks but we do vinyl graphics were i work just for the ricer in you. peace

Old 08-10-2008, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by lucskywalker
look roto, when i wrote this it was late i just got off work and i was pissed cause someone broke in my car at work stole my aem uego apexi neo greddy timer, instead of complaining about that i talked about something else. now about sell outs what you bought a civic right after you saw the fast and the furious bought every thing you could didnt take in concideration that not everything in the catalog works together well let me guess you must now be a drifter now or waiting for the new comaro thats coming soon. how weak! i could care less if an h scrubed one of my words or maybie next time ill just write variable timing electronic control just so i dont make that same mistake. how old are you anyway? i bet when i was building my first car at the end of 93, a 88 civic 4door you were to busy watching the power rangers or barny. now back to honda they arnt drag racing cars at all! the fact that they have made it down the track at 8 seconds now is really amazing. they are touring cars, great autocrossers, jgtc cars, anything that has to do with real racing, after all drag racing is fun but its just a pissing contest. now ill be shure never to chech my spelling just for you i knoh it will **** you ofh. thanks but we do vinyl graphics were i work just for the ricer in you. peace
whoa man don't go off trying to fight with roto
there's a few things wrong with what you said... why are you accusing him of being into fast and the furious?
all he did was point out that you misspelled VTEC. It's insignificant and doesn't matter, it just happens to be a big pet peeve around here because new members never spell it right. usually when people around here correct you for it, they're just messin' around but letting you know at the same time that it's not "v-tech."
He didn't say anything that bad that would require you to explode on him with a huge comeback.
p.s. "variable timing electronic control" is still wrong, there's more stuff in there that's not actually abbreviated. It's "Variable valve Timing and lift Electronic Control."
also, the thing about the decals... he wasn't saying that to you. it's in his signature and shows up on every message he posts.

Quick Reply: just my thoughts.., but