General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Just starting work on the car

Old 06-25-2009, 03:54 PM
HCF Member

sorry to go off topic but...

Originally Posted by itinerant
That, or you can park it in the sun, wait until the hottest part of the day, get some of that canned air, flip the can upside down, and try the old paintless dent removal trick.
how do you actually do this?

Old 06-25-2009, 07:55 PM
HCF Member

it has something to do with the fact that when you turn the copressed can of air upside down it shoots a stream of freezing cold stuff (i remember from goofing around in middle school and stuff). im guessing when you spray the quarter panel and the temperature changes very quickly from hot to cold it causes the dent to pop out by either the expansion and decompression of temperatures or the attraction of hot to cold. Just a guess.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Super Cereal Admin

you could also buy some dry ice. Let the car sit in the sun for a while, then just rub the dry ice on it. I'm not sure if it'd work on that big of a dent though.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:13 AM
HCF Member

If your going to do the led swap in your gauge cluster i recommend www.superbrightleds.com i did the led swap in my car and it looks legit and the cool thing about this site is they have every single light for your car.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:47 PM

Found a spoiler on craigslist for $25.. its red but i don't mind stripping/sanding/primer it. I fig i'd do that to save a few bucks when i take the car to get the bodywork and painted.
Also i swapped a busted window regulator today. Its pretty easy but was my first time doin it. i feel accomplished lol

Old 06-26-2009, 07:56 PM
HCF Member

Nice find! is the car being painted the same color?

Old 06-26-2009, 09:14 PM

Debating between the blue on it now and a deep midnight blue. idk yet. leaning towards the midnight.. it'll make the tint + the smoke tail lights (wrk in progress) look badazz

Old 06-26-2009, 09:30 PM
HCF Member

smoked tails ftw

I think the midnight would look pretty sweet, especially if you painted the rims darker, or bought darker rims

Old 07-02-2009, 05:42 AM

Update!
Ended up just getting a bumper cover cause the re-bar was still intact(sweet!) My buddy used his hulk muscles to pretty much pull the frame back inplace with a few tools so NO MORE DUCT TAPE!!!!!!
The bumper is a sedan one again....cover was free so i'm rollin with the punches
i swapped out the stock dash/console thing for the optional audio console. Nxt is the smoked tails, fine-tuning the front end damage and some engine work! Car is a daily driver so it wont be too outrageous but i'll keep u guys updated.

Where can i get tht spray for the tails?
Pix later today.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:15 AM

You mean VHT nightshades? That tint spray? I'd still get the red/clear style first, not spray the stock ones. You can sell stock ones for a few bucks. People still hunt for them. But as for the spray, you pretty much have to buy it online unless your local Auto Zone or Pep Boys carries it. I was never able to find it locally.

Good call on the audio console, btw.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just starting work on the car