General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Kill Switch to kill a Thief

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 08:33 PM
HCF Member
Default Kill Switch to kill a Thief

My idea is not to kill anyone. You would go to jail for murder. But it is a very nice thought.

I did have an idea though, which was to remove a critical component like the fuel pump fuse, or some integral fuse for the ignition. It would be pretty simple to relocate the fuse box so you don't have to pop the hood and show the world your engine every time. Kill switches can be bypassed, and alarms are expensive and don't always work. Their first thought would be a kill switch, and they would undoubtedly waste a lot of time looking for one. You could even install one to give them a small glimmer of hope. Make them waste even more time to figure it out. This is so simple it might actually work. Do theives carry a set of fuses for the car they intend to steal? And how much time are they willing to spend boosting a car. If I caught someone in my car I would bloody my fists beating their dirty face to a pulp.

Another idea would be to install a shut off valve in the fuel line. The car would start for a minute, but then die.

Or you could really mess with them and have all of the above a kill switch, shut off valve, alarm, missing fuses, and a tank of nerve gas that explodes.

The thought of some dirty piece of **** touching my car pisses me off to no extent...

Old 02-04-2008, 09:08 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Kill Switch to kill a Thief

Lol wow you tought this through. Yeah we all feel the same way, but taking the time to do all of that everytime we park can be very time consuming.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:23 PM

I have my carloaded with explosives and setto detonate after the cars ignition has been turned on for more than20 seconds (timer), the car has moved more than 10meters(gps), the car has been inclined move than 5 degrees (fiber optic gyro), and/or theseat registers more than one kilogram of weight (scale.)

Due to security precautions, I can not reveal the last trigger, nor can I reveal the anti-detonation sequence...

Old 02-05-2008, 01:51 AM

ORIGINAL: TheInternet

I have my carloaded with explosives and setto detonate after the cars ignition has been turned on for more than20 seconds (timer), the car has moved more than 10meters(gps), the car has been inclined move than 5 degrees (fiber optic gyro), and/or theseat registers more than one kilogram of weight (scale.)

Due to security precautions, I can not reveal the last trigger, nor can I reveal the anti-detonation sequence...
Nor can you drive it.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:33 AM

kill switches are old school, and dont work half the time, theifs find them and they are off. you gotta get creative.

like make a "kill switch" that when you flip it, sound a insainly loud alarm, or better yet an air horn. that will scare the **** out of someone. can you imagine trying be quiet... your heart pounding cuz your stealing a car... then in the dead silence of night you flip a switch and a freaking fog horn goes off. your heart would litterally jump out of your chest.

that or make one that shocks the **** out of you when you flick it on.

do something creative.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:56 AM
HCF Member

ive had my car stolen and it sucks, but i had it coming... no alarm no nothing....... not even a measly club ... thieves can always find out how to take your car but be creative it may slow them down a lot... ui think a kill switch wired up to your fuel pump is a real good idea but you have to hide it well..... and if you really care get some lowjack or some gps tracking system

Old 02-05-2008, 04:31 AM

unfortunately i knew a cpl guys who boosted cars, they would carry extra ecu's fuseboxes, fuse's. They had never been caught and still boost alot of cars. A kill switch or shifter lock is your best bet.

I have an alarm and if anyone wants to buy it illl sell it, i also have door actuators so you can install it on your dx's

Old 02-05-2008, 05:27 AM
HCF Member

No, what you do is you hide a pistol under the dash (aimed at the seat, an option would be to aim it in the general direction of where the theive's family jewls would be), put an actuator on the trigger so when it moves it pulls the trigger then wire the actuator to the ignition wire under the dash and put it on a switch also so you can disable it. Before you leave your car then flip the switch on, if they try to hotwire the car then it will activate the actuator and the gun will go off. Just make sure you flip the switch off before you try to start the car.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:04 AM

ORIGINAL: Mr Mobsta Man

No, what you do is you hide a pistol under the dash (aimed at the seat, an option would be to aim it in the general direction of where the theive's family jewls would be), put an actuator on the trigger so when it moves it pulls the trigger then wire the actuator to the ignition wire under the dash and put it on a switch also so you can disable it. Before you leave your car then flip the switch on, if they try to hotwire the car then it will activate the actuator and the gun will go off. Just make sure you flip the switch off before you try to start the car.
By law you would probably get in a lot of **** for that, a local around here someone kept stealing his radio out of his truck so he taped razor blades on the back of the radios so when they tried to steal it it would cut there *** up, they tried to steal the radio got cut up and later took him to court with the thief winning the case.

Some of us also rock nice seats and dont want there aid infected blood on there interior, Atleast i wouldnt want any on my dc5 recaros

Old 02-05-2008, 09:38 AM

Just put an alarm in it. My alarmautomatically turns on after i shut thr door and if someone were to have the key they still cant disarm it or even start the key when it is armed.

Quick Reply: Kill Switch to kill a Thief