General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

THIS IS A LONG READ_GRIMLINS

Old 08-30-2005, 12:20 AM
Default THIS IS A LONG READ_GRIMLINS

Well,ok my car is a 98 ex auto-light mods(header,exhaust,wires intake ect.) Problem,when the car sits overnight or just the tine i'm at work doesn't want to start.Whan it does it's like its gahsping for fuel or air.the air filters good.as for electrcal-wires good capand rotor good might need plugs,battery good,but it's a yellow top and iv'e been told that there good for audio but can givr you ignition problems because they require higher amps or somthing to keep a good charge.Ok thats said.2 after the car is started when driving for the first 5 to 10 min.,the car acts like it wants to die as in like you hit the brake real quick and let go.When this happens the tach drops just as fast(like getting no fuel or spark),but after its been running for awhile(past the 10 min mark)it's ok noproblems.Ideas? Ok no for part questions. what are the following and what are they for EGR, Idle control,and pcv valves.Also I will be getting a new alternator in the range of 135 to 170 amps for batter and audio.Will this harm my car.Yes its for a civic i'm not that dumb.NEED HELP BAD>>>>>>>Any chance its just plugged injectors and are they easy to clean,

Old 08-30-2005, 10:05 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: THIS IS A LONG READ_GRIMLINS

range of 135 to 170 amps for batter and audio.Will this harm my car
No it will not....it will only charge a battery so much....it doesn't cause any overcharge issue. I think this is a kick back from the old days when cars had generators on them that didn't switch like todays alternators.
The dead or dying issue....Does the car turn over normal when you start it(speed and strength)? just doesn't fire?

Old 08-30-2005, 01:28 PM

Yes it turns over.As somthing iv'e read elsewhere there seems to be a problem with the main relay but it only seems to be with 88-91's.As far as starting turn key--crank crank crank start to turn key back chug (couph?) like it wants to turn over to run but nothinng.In doing this a few times it will start eventually.I'm rally leaning towards injectors on this.

Old 08-30-2005, 01:47 PM
HCF Member

If it was ur EGR valve, your car would run like crap during idle (it would shake and what not)

Old 08-30-2005, 10:51 PM
HCF Member

does sound like fuel...check to make sure your getting flow up to the injectors, then I guess you could have them cleaned or get new....could be pump, lines, filter..yadda yadda yadda....someone else is going through the same issue...Start easy and trace it back up. Let us know and good luck