General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Looking forward to spring.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 03:12 PM
HCF Member
Default Looking forward to spring.

so as we all know i f*cked up my car cause im a tart, so now im trying to work thorugh all that while paying for school this fall. so for now im gonna look towards the spring what i want to do next year because i hate working all day outside than working on a car outside in the cold. i want to get a set of rims by next year and put them on in april or maybe late march depending on what going on with snow. but i also want to lower my car a little bit not sure how far but nothing big. (and no i wont put the cai back on with or without a bypass valve). my questions are should i put the rims on first and than lower it so i can see how much to lower it so it still looks good and i dont need to worry about rubbing? also since i dont know how much i want to lower my car i should get a coilover kit right? and should i pay for the expensive kit or will the cheap feel the same?

the rims i want:http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...wheelModel=AR1

Old 09-01-2009, 05:57 PM
HCF Member

dont cheap out on suspension parts get quality name brand parts and the wheels look good but IMO everyone and their grandma has black wheels with a polished lip
and how much snow you get will determine wether you get springs or coilovers

Old 09-01-2009, 08:07 PM
HCF Member
Thumbs up

they are mighty fine wheels

Old 09-02-2009, 07:35 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by hamorhead
dont cheap out on suspension parts get quality how much snow u get
i get enough to block my car in sometimes when it snows it can be from 1/4 inch to 10 inches. if anyone leaves around philly you'll know what i mean. 70 one day a blizzard the next.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:37 AM
HCF Member

the wheels look good but IMO everyone and their grandma has black wheels with a polished lip
yeah i know everyone has them i wanted black wheels with a blue lip seen them in a mag and thought the looked nice but i havent been able to find any in my price range online.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:22 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by depace
Probably should get Lowered first and then see how it goes with rims
FIX'd

Edit: Rims look cool tohugh I like the design... Just never heard anything bout the brand..

Old 09-29-2009, 06:28 PM
HCF Member

I would do suspension first then wheels. Suspension work kicks your @ss so might as well do that in the spring when its not snowing, wheels take like 20min. to swap on.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:25 PM
August 2010 ROTM

Here's a set of black wheels with a blue lip. They're the same wheels on my car now, except mine are gold with a machined face and polished lip.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/15-RO...Q5fAccessories

EDIT: Here's another set. I like the first ones better. Nice choice on the color combo, by the way.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/16X7-...=p4506.c0.m245

Old 09-30-2009, 03:12 PM
HCF Member

dont cheap out on suspension parts get quality name brand parts and the wheels look good but IMO everyone and their grandma has black wheels with a polished lip
and how much snow you get will determine wether you get springs or coilovers
maybe everyone get them because they look good. lol

you should do the drop while its still not snowing yet. if you getting adjustable coilovers then you can worry about the wheels later since you can pretty much adjust the height

Old 09-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

i never seen those rims before, im loving that blue lip, im gonna pick me up a pair after i know its done snowing. probably june

Quick Reply: Looking forward to spring.