General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

lost for words...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 06:14 PM
Default lost for words...

alright before i get flamed for doing this in the wrong thread, i have been posting a lot hear and im no young punk trying to rice out my car, i am far from that. So getting to my issue.

I have a 95 Honda civ. Ex. 2 door coupe. About 126,000 miles and i believe im burning a little bit of oil off.. i was buring a lot before hand maybe 6-8 months ago but it seems to have slowed up somehow....
Now what do i do...i dont have a lot of money and when i mean a lot i mean like 2-300$ in my bank lol.....(im a student in college)

so my question is what should i do? oh yeah i have a D16z6..but with everything that i have said is it still worth trying to save the D....Im always online on many different websites either pricing out parts to built it up or pricing out swaps. The thing is i have an auto...not that its bad..just sticks are better IMO.

I mean i dont wanna sell it but its like i want something i can depend on and atleast take pride in..and its like i want something with a little more power but i dunno how i should go about doing that..

someone please just help a fellow civic owner out

Old 06-29-2006, 11:23 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: lost for words...

might as well rebuild it OR find a quick swap from the junk yard thats hopefully got low milage. and keep all the paper work to prove your swap.

and are ya sure you where burning the oil or leaking the oil?

i wouldnt think that it would lesson if you where burning oil. most likely leaking oil from a seal somewhere and now its got so much sludge and dirt on that stop its sealed up.

you can also try some engine oil additive. cannt remember the name.... new cylinder. NOT SURE. its in a round silverish can.... engine restor! im preaty sure thats the name. get your 4cylinder version/just smaller can than the V6 and V8 version cans. and try some of that.
ive never had any HUGE gains by using it. BUT it did lessen the burnage in my old 66impala for awhile.... but end the long run my heavy foot killed the motor and got it smoken for the new motor.LMFAO

Old 06-30-2006, 11:12 AM

how should i go about building it?

and yes i believe im burning it off....cause i would be able to spot the leak on the drive way.

Old 06-30-2006, 04:27 PM

is their oil in your water, or water in your oil..if so change your headgasket....also, your piston rings might be out, your valves might be worn...lots of possibilities for buring oil....
and dude...keep the d, i have a d16z6 and i love it....