General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Manual to Automatic civic

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 01:28 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Manual to Automatic civic

If i could have, i would have bought a 5spd, but the auto was the only thing i could find at the time. if your gonna get an auto, try to get an EX tranny as i believe the gearing is a little lower. but i may be wrong, which proves to be a majority of the time lol.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:36 PM

ORIGINAL: ballinboy1020

wow kofmiguelb u sound like a little b i t c h. people are telling u that manual is better and why u would want to change it and u like ok i wont change it. do what u want and what ur comfortable with. if u like automatice because u can talk on the cell phone and eat and do other **** like jack of like trent does then do it. but still idk y u would change form manual to automatice ur crazy.....
It's really my choice you're right, regarless of what people like you say. The reason I asked was because I wanted opinions since I'm not sure. I know a 5sp is betteer than a 4sp. I'm happy with the condition of my civic and I rarely see the same condition. Don't think that I have not look for someone to do a trade. I have found some people but the condition of their car(s) are not of my satisfaction. I'm not saying my car looks new but in a decent shape for it's year.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:54 PM
HCF Member

Just to be different. I like my auto. I live near Chicago. Traffic sucks. A manual in traffic is not fun. A manual on a winding mountain road on the other hand is big fun.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:11 PM

ORIGINAL: chisox64

I live near Chicago. Traffic sucks. A manual in traffic is not fun.
Which is why I said i would be using the car, as a daily driving. I just wanted opinions like i said before and see if it was worth it.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Snail'n Admin

ORIGINAL: ballinboy1020

wow kofmiguelb u sound like a little b i t c h. people are telling u that manual is better and why u would want to change it and u like ok i wont change it. do what u want and what ur comfortable with. if u like automatice because u can talk on the cell phone and eat and do other **** like jack of like trent does then do it. but still idk y u would change form manual to automatice ur crazy.....
Why am i being brought into this? You're just jealous because I can fap and drive a stick at the same time. Don't hate you because you suck, newblett. By the way, has it occurred to any of you that he may want an automatic because of the type of driving he does? Leave him alone, dont rip him a new *sshole. If you guys arent going to give good information, then stfu and gtfo of the forum. Youre piece of *hit opinions arent wanted here. Whoever started this thread, do what you want and dont listen to these sh*tbags. kthx

Old 12-12-2007, 05:15 PM
Stinky Administrator

lets stop the bs on this thread right now.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Chubby Chaser

lmao its gettin hot in here* lol hey man if ur lookin 4 a auto i have a 95 civic 4door i would trade you its automatic with 17's i am trying to sell it if your interested email me at mitchkaren1225@yahoo.com

Old 12-13-2007, 12:15 AM

ORIGINAL: 94civichatchback

lmao its gettin hot in here* lol hey man if ur lookin 4 a auto i have a 95 civic 4door i would trade you its automatic with 17's i am trying to sell it if your interested email me at mitchkaren1225@yahoo.com
If I trade it will have to be for a black coupe only.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:49 PM
HCF Member

To answer your question it wont be worth it to swap. It would cost about 3000 for the parts.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:52 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well im SURE thiers someone out thier that wants a 5speed..... its been talked about the REVERSE way many of times on this site.....
problem is with swaping in a automatic from someone that WANTS a manual could 90% of the time they have tried to drive them like a manual... realy hard... posible nuetral droping it.....
VERY IFFY...

personaly IF YOU CAN just sell the car... and bum rides for awhile till you can find another civic to your liking....

dont be discouraged.... just one problem about rushing into buying a car sometimes.... ive been thier several times myself..... first civic i found that i REALY REALY LIKED... ended up selling right before i got thier it was a nice hatchback 5speed with some nice rims on it as well. realy clean looking..... but then i just kept looking around and found a black civic that i went ahead and bought it... but i still shoulda waited... i did all the bad stuff... rushed into it.... shoped for it on a day that it was raining... and i didnt run a carfax report on it... been wrecked twice, been repainted slightly different color on the 3rd time painted... chiped windshield. but o well.... i worked with it still tho....

but i feel ya about a automatic at times... in traffic my manual SUCKS @SS... BUT in traffic my automatic RULES!!!! LMFAO... one good thing about having 2civics. LMFAO

Quick Reply: Manual to Automatic civic