General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

On May 8th Sat. Some Idiot tried to steal my Car... WTF!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 10:30 PM
HCF Member
Angry On May 8th Sat. Some Idiot tried to steal my Car... WTF!!!!!

Ok Guys on Friday (05/7/10) I went to my corporate office in SD to pick up a bonus check, award and ceremony for being employee of the 3dr quarter of Fiscal yr of 2010. So with My bonus check I was planning on buying me a Pioneer double din. So I went to celebrate with my closest friends and some coworkers and came back on Saturday about 3:30 am.
My dad was reading his newspaper Saturday morning and he heard my alarm go off, I was parked inside my driveway near the main entry where I have parked for over 5 yrs now. As he heard the alarm go off a shattering sound followed up next and he was like WTF!!! He goes out and sees some punk running out of the driveway into a getaway car, a white hatch. He busted my driver window and he also shattered my rear windshield in pure anger because they couldn’t steal my car. My windows were rolled up all the way and they force it down I could see the weather strip scratched and the window went down about 3 inches and it caused I little chip and that triggered my alarm because I have a glass sensor. I’m assuming when the alarm triggered he made a perforation hole above my door handle to force his self inside the car. I just don’t get it, was it necessary to damage the rear window as well. Man, A@% hole%. Now I had to pay me deductible for 250 that pretty much got trashed and now I don’t even want to buy my new stereo anymore. I’ll just have to wait and see. Now I keep my baby in the garaged and this baffles me a lot because it happened around 10:30 am. I had to get a police report so I could pass it on to my insurance. Nobody saw, nobody was outside I guess they where roaming my neighborhood before they decide to go for it. If I would have seen those punks I would have capped them for messing with my property Ugh. It is what it is and at least I still have my Si.

Attached Thumbnails On May 8th Sat. Some Idiot tried to steal my Car... WTF!!!!!-downsized_0508001109a.jpg   On May 8th Sat. Some Idiot tried to steal my Car... WTF!!!!!-downsized_0508001109.jpg  
Old 05-15-2010, 10:50 PM
HCF Member

dang thats real messed up... i had my driver door window broken not too long ago and got my touch screen stereo stolen... i know how u feel bro... thank God they didn't succeed on steal your car

Old 05-15-2010, 11:09 PM
HCF Member

I feel a very lucky guy by still having my car to my side.. It could of been much worse. Hopefully those idiots wont come back.

Old 05-16-2010, 04:53 AM

Sorry to hear. Those Civic Si's are steal-me-blue. Sucks that they attract the wrong attention.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:18 AM
HCF Member

You gotta be carefull with those 99-00 si's. They are easiser to steal than you would think. Thank god you had a window trip. Had they gotten the window down with no alarm going off, they would have had your car.
Running a fuel pump cutoff switch would be a great way to keep your car even if they manage to get in man. Check it out.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:40 PM
HCF Member

I know these cars get the wrong attention....

I've been looking already into installing a kill swith for my gas pump. But when a thive wants it they'll do what they can to take it away. Now I'm just going to have to be very careful now.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:55 PM
HCF Member

True. But a thieve must be smart. A thieve wants to get in a car and go. If the car does not turn on, he wants to leave it. The sound of the motor spinning but not starting is enough to make him nervous enough to leave.
Just make sure your switch is not in an obvious location that one would guess. Also not wired in a way that is obvious. Sneak in your wires with the factory harness.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:55 AM
HCF Member

don't let stupid things like that get in the way. Just be glad it wasn't too bad, and that you have a low deductible. Thats what insurance is for!