General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Motor a little wet with oil...2001 civic ex

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 12:24 PM
Angry Admin

Originally Posted by croninc
dude need4speed please learn how to type and speak. You sound retarded with all the "da's," den's," and "dat's."
This^^^ How hard is it to type out "the", "then", "that", and "because"? Seriously, that kind of stuff makes me want to punch a baby. You lose almost all credibility when you type like that. Would you honestly feel comfortable going to a professional anything who speaks like a thug? Well, considering that you speak like a thug, the answer is most likely yes. But, the vast majority of the population would side with me on this. Please, take the time to type like a normal person. It's not that hard.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:30 PM
HCF Member

ok both of u above me, 1st of all i know how to type yeah its not hard, and 2nd i have to write like that BEcause i'm on my PHONE and THIS thing here "LIMITS" how much i can type! now when i type off my computer which i just got, THEN i'll type normal.

Old 03-23-2010, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by ...NEED4SPEED...
ok well for one dont ever, Ever, EVER... go over 3000 miles without an oil change.
oh come on

you're serious?

Old 03-23-2010, 06:47 PM
HCF Member

serious about wat? its recommended to change ur oil every 3000 miles... well it really depends on how often u drive ur car and how u drive it. but i really dont recommend goin 10k w/out an oil change

Old 03-23-2010, 07:11 PM

serious about wat? its recommended to change ur oil every 3000 miles... well it really depends on how often u drive ur car and how u drive it. but i really dont recommend goin 10k w/out an oil change
That's a thing called synthetic. Synthetics normally allow 6-8K between oil changes. Also, 3K is recommended but wont hurt anything going a little over on conventional oils.
N4S, you really need to get facts straight. Just in this thread it seems you have contradicted yourself on an occasion or 2. I understand wanting to offer your help, but you need to understand yourself before offering incorrect advise.

Last edited by jeeptuff; 03-23-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:23 PM
HCF Member

wat part u talkin bout jeeptuff?

Old 03-23-2010, 09:04 PM

It's all a marketing ploy. It is suggested by shops and dealerships that you change your oil every 3000 miles. Let's think about this for a second... these places make money when you have them change your oil. That's why they are there.
You could go about 5000 miles without changing oil on a healthy engine (standard oil), and many newer cars are designed to only need an oil change every 7500 miles.
Synthetic oil lasts even longer. On a regular daily-driver vehicle (with no turbocharger), 5000 is really about the most often you should change it. 7500 miles is a better figure for regular changes of synthetic oil, and realistically you could even go 10,000 miles without an oil change.
These numbers are pretty general, but it's just to give you an idea of what I am talking about.

What I am astonished by is your extreme urgency ("dont ever, Ever, EVER...") to change oil every 3000 miles. It's a little ridiculous. I really don't think you have the slightest idea what you are talking about.

If you go through life blindly doing everything a salesman or business recommends, you'll be broke in no time.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 03-23-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:34 PM
HCF Member

never had any problems with any of my cars in the past since i do know how to do all the basic maintenance on my cars. and i never even came close to bein broke. (thank God) and besides my bro from UTI said the first thing they told him was, dont ever go..

Old 03-23-2010, 09:38 PM
HCF Member

... with what the manual says. not everything on it is 100% right. i told him he crazy but... he is in school learnin all he needs to go work for nascar

Old 03-24-2010, 02:37 AM

It makes perfect sense that UTI would tell him that... UTI wants the automotive industry to make money. That's the whole point of automotive school... teaching people about cars so in the end they will make money working on them.

Have you ever been solicited by a telemarketer? Do you buy everything they sell just because they say you should buy it?

You seem to be having a hard time understanding capitalism. Most of the concept of selling something has to do with convincing someone they need something that they really could go without. In this example, it's having your oil changed at 3000 miles.

Not only is it foolish to waste your money doing this, but you are also causing completely excess and unnecessary waste.

Read this
http://www.moneybluebook.com/article....oilchange.php

(scroll down to "Oil changes: How often?")

Last edited by trustdestruction; 03-24-2010 at 02:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Motor a little wet with oil...2001 civic ex