General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

My Civic has been Stolen!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 01:33 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: My Civic has been Stolen!!!!

ORIGINAL: 94EXSedan

Well, they found it last night! The good news is that it is not completely stripped or wrecked. They found it about 4 miles from where it was stolen and it was sitting on the rotors. The only thing they got away with was the wheels/tires, intake and the stereo system.

I am actually surprised they didn't take the suspension or anything else. The cop said they must have liked my wheels. That's pretty weak!! Stealing a car just for the wheels. Oh well at least I got it back. They used a "jiggle key" to get in. I have never heard of that but I guess it is a Honda key filed down that they just put in the lock and push it in and out really quick and they can be in your car in 3-4 seconds. It also works on the ignition.
called skeleton keys i have them i use them sometimes when i repo i have keys for every modle ford/honda/acura/jeep/mercedes but they are mostly for opening the doors, before i didnt have the wedge the thing is some of the cars that arnt transponded i can start but transponded ones no but it takes along time to get skeleton keys to work, they are keys with all diffrent cut's like hook cuts and like wavey cuts you sit there and mess with lock and it opens, i only use skeleton keys to start cars that arnt transponded most of the time i just use a wedge.....

Old 08-31-2007, 06:43 PM

My car is almost back and running again! I had the stereo put in today as well as the new wheels and tires. I decided on the 16" Enkei GF1's with 205/40/16 Nitto NeoGen VR's. I have to say they look pretty good. The only thing I am missing is the intake. I was supposed to get it today but FedEx never made it. I hope I don't have to wait until Tuesday. It feels good to have my car back. I will also be installing a kill switch tomorrow.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:00 PM
HCF Member

if you care enough about your carthen next time you start putting money into it you can pay more a month for your insurance. i pay 20 more a month and it covers $5000 on top of what my car is worth. so if anyone ever steals my si, i will get what its worth plus $5000 smart thing to do.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:02 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya.... i gotta wait till tuesday to talk to my insurance agent to see what i have to do to cover my extra parts for my car... the old desk people dont know anything!