General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

My Civic Will Beat A Ferrari!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 05:49 PM
HCF Member
Default My Civic Will Beat A Ferrari!

With your help, that is!

This is a question for anyone that can give me an actual answer... with modern-day technology, can my 04 Civic Sedan ever beat a Ferrari? If anyone can throw out some ideas on total costs/parts necessary to do this... Anyone with a "Just buy a better car" answer... please spare them... I have an older benz and new Audi A6 that probably could reach incredible power BUT i want to know what it would take to race a beautiful exotic or even just give it a run for its money in a civic.

Will it be over 80 grand? Is there even that much in car parts existing for a Honda?

I have a dream of being a rich old man in my 04 civic (now an older piece of work) with my wife and pulling up to a snotty young guy with his classic exotic and when the light turns green... I dont even race him because it would be too easy... THAT is the confidence I want in my Honda!

Old 10-11-2006, 06:16 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: My Civic Will Beat A Ferrari!

It could be done. 1/4 mile on ferraris isnt THAT impressive.....unles the enzo......most are 12's and up from my understanding.

Old 10-11-2006, 06:32 PM
HCF Member

Well getting the power to beat a Ferrari isn't an unattainable feat....gettig the styling cues to beat one will take immense amounts of sheet metal modding. You don't buy a Ferrari because it has the best top end speed, 1/4 mile times, or handling. You buy a Ferrari to have a piece of Italian artwork that you can show off on the streets. Its more of a status symbol and piece of extravegance. Its like buying a Picasso, you do it because you can, not because it is the most attractive piece in the showroom.

Old 10-11-2006, 07:19 PM
HCF Member

That is why I dont want to touch the civic... I want the Picasso to beat the hell out of the Michaelangelo!

Old 10-11-2006, 08:25 PM
HCF Member

It could easily be done with 20-25 grand. Grab an EG shell, swap in a built k24 frankenstein, 150 shot of nos, all the fuel system upgrades and such and a pair of slicks and you would be running 10s no problem

Old 10-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Cat Fuсker

umm....put a jet engine outback?

Old 10-11-2006, 09:14 PM

ORIGINAL: sillyredcivic

Well getting the power to beat a Ferrari isn't an unattainable feat....gettig the styling cues to beat one will take immense amounts of sheet metal modding. You don't buy a Ferrari because it has the best top end speed, 1/4 mile times, or handling. You buy a Ferrari to have a piece of Italian artwork that you can show off on the streets. Its more of a status symbol and piece of extravegance. Its like buying a Picasso, you do it because you can, not because it is the most attractive piece in the showroom.
+1 Im gunna buy a Prosche later in life for sure. 20% Cause its fast, and 80% cause well....its a Porsche...

Old 10-11-2006, 09:39 PM
HCF Member

You don't buy a Ferrari because it has the best top end speed, 1/4 mile times, or handling.
Until recently most Ferraris have been about as attractive as Gary Busey. The reason they've become the pinnacle is their unmatched engineering. You can build a Civic that'll walk a Ferrari in the 1/4 but good luck ever getting one to beat a Ferrari around a track or in any sort of race at 100+ mph.

Drool:

Old 10-11-2006, 09:42 PM
HCF Member

word.

Old 10-11-2006, 10:30 PM

ORIGINAL: amg6975

You don't buy a Ferrari because it has the best top end speed, 1/4 mile times, or handling.
Until recently most Ferraris have been about as attractive as Gary Busey. The reason they've become the pinnacle is their unmatched engineering. You can build a Civic that'll walk a Ferrari in the 1/4 but good luck ever getting one to beat a Ferrari around a track or in any sort of race at 100+ mph.

Drool:

hahaha are you real?? You think those rich CEO's and Priests who are able to buy these cars care about how they perform on the track or their top end speed??? No way man. Maybe the sports starts do ok. But most people buy em for looks and cause they can say they have one. Older Ferrari's are good looking also man. Not sure where your coming from here...

Quick Reply: My Civic Will Beat A Ferrari!